New Worlds (Channel 4)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
New Worlds, a four-part drama is the follow-up to 'The Devil’s Whore', stars Jamie Dorna (The Fall), Alice Englert (Beautiful Creatures), Freya Mavor (Skins) and Joe Dempsie (Game of Thrones) as young idealists during the Restoration period of 1680s.

Directed by Charles Martin (Run)

Written and created by Peter Flannery (Our Friends In The North) and Martine Brant.

New Worlds begins filming in the UK this month, and will air on Channel 4 in 2014.

Synopsis
"In England, torture, show trails and summary executions are rife as Charles II has betrayed his promise of tolerance and reverted to tyranny. At Fanshawe House, we rejoin Angelica (Eve Best, Nurse Jackie) from The Devil’s Whore, now Countess of Abingdon, striving to protect her daughter Beth (Freya Mavor) from a country yet again on the brink of chaos.

But when Abe (Jamie Dornan) – outlaw and idealist – breaks into Beth’s sheltered world he jolts her into consciousness and asks her if she can standby as the liberties won with her father’s Civil War blood are destroyed? Meanwhile in New England the colonists struggle throw off the distant but steely control of the English Crown and Hope (Alice Englert) and Ned (Joe Dempsie) find themselves on the brutal frontline."

I'm recording this but also grabbing all 4 episodes of The Devil's Whore off 4oD HD (available on demand up to 1st July) which I never caught originally.

i still have original aired TDW recorded and only watched one so far :facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom