New windows user needs help!

fatfingers73

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello,

just bought a 925 and I'm struggling to get my ymail contacts on it.

I managed to transfer them into my outlook.com account, but they still don't appear on the phone, even though I've added that account.

Other than that I'm loving 8.1, makes a nice change from android/ios.

Many thanks.

Mine just worked.
You can also , I believe , just add your google account in settings/email&accounts and save having to bother messing with outlook.

I too, am loving 8.1 . I assume the reason that it is so quiet in here is the reason why there are no apps on WP, because hardly anyone uses it? Which is a shame, because it is a really nice OS.

Thanks for the reply, but my contacts are ymail not gmail.

Ahh sorry, thought it was a typo. Never heard of ymail.

Edit...oh Yahoo, can't you just add Yahoo account in settings/email&accounts?

It's yahoos mail. Been using it for years. The only bad bit about windows so far!

Just tried with old yahoo account. Doesn't show.

Have you gone to the people hub and at the top where it says
Contacts
showing....

Press that and make sure Outlook is ticked?

I think though, that should be the default account,as soon as I set up my phone my contact list appeared.

Just tried adding Yahoo contacts to my Outlook account. Literally as soon I import them, they appear on my phone.

I exported my yahoo contacts as a csv? There's a few options,I picked the outlook one. Imported into Outlook, and voila, they appeared almost instantly on my phone.

Thanks for your help. It works fine that way, was hoping there was a way to sync windows phone with ymail contacts like with android/ios. This was will have to do for now. Cheers.

Thanks for your help. It works fine that way, was hoping there was a way to sync windows phone with ymail contacts like with android/ios. This was will have to do for now. Cheers.
Don't know if this is applicable - a US guide to synching all sorts.....
Windows Phone 8 sync wizard | Windows Phone (United States)
Not too familiar with the phone version but the PC version has always held some workarounds for synching some things in my experience! :)

Thanks for that. Only option seems to be importing them at the moment. Not a major issue but it's nice that when I delete/add contacts in yahoo, my phone does the same.

I wouldn't blame Windows phone for it being quiet in here, AV Forums whole mobile section is generally quiet. Sometimes days between posts!

Check out Windows Phone Central, great informative site and pretty sure they have a forum which is very lively.

I can confirm. WPC is the place to be for Windows Phone chat.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom