• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

NEW Windows 8 Computer Automatically Restarts

TheMilkmansWife

Standard Member
I've had my computer for around a month now, and I've had no problems until this one, which started over the past few days. As with all Windows 8 computers, when it boots up, it loads up the Start screen. When I open a program; however, or even go on to the desktop, without warning, my computer automatically restarts. When it reboots, it says that the source of the problem lies with:
C\Windows\Minidump\033013-48422-01.dmp
C\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-80574-0.sysdata.xml
Both of which, I've never heard of.

Specs are here, if needed (although I doubt that)
Processor
AMD Quad Core FX 4170 CPU 4.2GHz
Memory
8GB 1333MHz DDR3
Hard Drive
2TB SATA III (SATA 6.GBs)
Software
Operating System: Genuine Windows 8 64-bit
Graphics
AMD HD7770 1GB PCI-E Direct X11

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
welcome to AVForums!

I assume that it keeps restarting over and over?

You need to try and start in safe mode and see what's causing the problem: follow the instructions here How To Boot Into Windows 8 Safe Mode | Redmond Pie to get into safe mode, if you can do that, you may be able to restore to an old restore point or we can talk you through some other options.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom