Question New Windows 10 HP stream

low-def.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

After some help.

I have just setup a new HP stream 11 as an Xmas pressie for a family member and now realised it needs to be setup for a different person instead.

I have gone through all of the windows 10 setup. At the log in screen it has the original persons email address and password.

How do I get around this?

Can I restore the PC to factory where it will ask to be setup as a new user? Or will I have to add another user to the original account?

You can do a restore (press windows key + S then type "reset"), or create another admin account for the other user then delete the first user.

I find it is better to set up the user accounts offline so the name of the user directory matches the users real name rather than the first 5 letters of the account email address.

Once the account is created you can change the "local account" to a Microsoft account, in "Manage your account".

You can do a restore (press windows key + S then type "reset", or create another admin account for the other user then delete the first user.

I find it is better to set up the user accounts offline so the name of the user directory matches the users real name rather than a shortened version of the account email address.

Thanks for the quick reply.

If just added a new person and deleted the previous would this new user get the same access to any items such as a 12 month office key? I haven’t activated it yet mind:

If you haven't activated it then it will not be linked to the Microsoft Account.

I personally let the user decide of they want to activate these temporarily free for accounts or use an free alternative like LibreOffice.

I don't use Office 365 but I think you can have multiple users depending on what package you sign-up to. I just use MS Office 2016 and OneDrive so still get the online versions of the applications and full Cloud access to my files.

If you haven't activated it then it will not be linked to the Microsoft Account.

I personally let the user decide of they want to activate these temporarily free for accounts or use an free alternative like LibreOffice.

I don't use Office 365 but I think you can have multiple users depending on what package you sign-up to. I just use MS Office 2016 and OneDrive so still get the online versions of the applications and full Cloud access to my files.

Ok great, I’ll give creating an additional one a go instead of factory resetting in case I break something lol

I’ve created the other account. How do I make one the primary account and delete the previous one?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom