New wii owner

RoddyKFC

Hi all,

I've bought a wii for my wife (picking it up tomorrow). Its the wii sports bundle. Just wondering if there is anything else that is a must buy to get the most out of it? Does it come with a component cable for example? Memory card?

Thanks for any info

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
The Wii has a pretty reasonable 512mb built in memory so no need for memory cards unless you're planning on playing Gamecube games, in which case you'd ned both a Gamecube controller & Gamecube memory card.

It comes with standard composite cable. Component cable is an optional extra & very recommended if you like to get the best picture from the Wii(and you have component inputs on your screen).

Hope you both enjoy it!

Kirby

The Wii only comes with one controller, I didn't know whether you knew that or not being seeing as you meantioned Wii sports I thought you should really play it with your wife to get the most out of it, the Wii is a far better experience when shared.

Mark Botwright

Distinguished Member
Two things you must do:
1. Buy Zelda
2. Remove all breakables before loading wii sports. We all believe as adults that we're gonna be careful, but trust me, 30 minutes of wii bowling will have you throwing your arms around like a man possessed.:thumbsup:

dazza74

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

I've bought a wii for my wife (picking it up tomorrow). Its the wii sports bundle. Just wondering if there is anything else that is a must buy to get the most out of it? Does it come with a component cable for example? Memory card?

Thanks for any info

Get Wii Play I'd say as you need an extra controller and might as well pay the extra and get a game with it

RoddyKFC

Thanks for the replies.

Got extra controllers, component leads and zelda.
Now if i could only get the wife off wii sports for 5 mins......

Chunky73

Standard Member
Hi Roddy

What you do is play her at something you are good at and give her a good whipping, then she will storm off in a mood, leaving you free to switch games.
:D :clap:

RoddyKFC

Tried that with the bowling.. Nearly put my back out! Haven't got used to controllers yet (Xbox owner). nightshift this week so might get a shot when shes at work:)

Girthvader

Zelda,Excite Truck will keep you entertained for a while!:smashin: .And searching for rare titles for the Gamecube.......:rotfl:
Well done on finding one.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom