New Website

geofftelforduk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hope I am not wasting your time, but I just wanted your opinions on my new website.

http://www.geofft.co.uk

If you go to the Gallery you will see a small selection of my pics!

Please feel free to let some comments on my gallery page!

Thanks

Nice Site Clean,Fresh and Classy :thumbsup: and your photos are excellent :).

i only noticed 1 mistake on the site

Please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to discuss you requirements.

missed a "r" lol

Surerb site and gallery.

My favourite pic?

The Ulster Way sign post.....very cool.

Pete.

Very nice site, great shots as well.

its BA London eye, not BT
Also i think you spelt Geezer wrong... its geyser

My only one real comment is that I am not sure of the rotating images as your top banner. Given on your landing page you have adverts for some of the sites you have done recently I assume that webdesign is supposed to be your main revenue stream. Whilst the rotating pictures are great quality I found them rather distracting from actually looking at the site itself and really didnt say "webdesign" to me.

Other than that it is a very well done site

Have to agree with Astaroth. The quality of the photos used for the banner are good but does provide an unnecessary distraction to the end user. Looking at the work you've done for other clients it's hard to distinguish your site from those you have done. A site promoting a designer should shout out the designers capabilities as it is the main promotional tool a web designer has. Don't get me wrong it's a good site but it just doesnt seem to have that designer "feel" about it.

Nice site.
Photos in the gallery are a nice touch but I would look again grade them to remove 1 or 2. However they do span a lot of ideas.

You still havent corrected the you to your::lease: (ASAP!)

On Tonys comment regarding the designer "feel" I disagree with a bit.
It does look like a designer web site to me but it also has to be identified as a web designers web site. In other words,the web-designer that you are has to take precedence over having a "designer web site" purely for reasons of income generation
I also dont see why your site should look greatly different from clients sites since you designed both. Of course , one expects your site will be dynamic with stuff added and removed from time to time to improve it

As such I do agree with Tony ( and Astaroth) that the flashy effects seem to distract from your previous portfolio since that is just as much your strength as is your current ability.Your previous work needs a tad more prominence (IMHO)

Well done, On the whole ,the photography and whole concept are tops:thumbsup:

Another correction:

Stationery : what you would buy from stationers
stationary : what a truck is when it's standing still

All very valid comments guys! I appreciate them all!!

I think its a bit of a subjective thing! The web design is only something I do as a hobby so its not my main source of income!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom