New Website needing your support

jonnyboy5515

Standard Member
Reaction score
All

Some may know me from my postings (if you visit www.logofreetv.org - apologies), and after spending so much time and money trying to get this whole fiasco of Logos and screen burn into the public eye, I have created my own website.

http://www.saynotologos.co.uk

At present the site is young and will take some time to build up, however in order for me to do that I NEED YOUR SUPPORT.

have a look at the site and let me have your feedback, more importantly please help me out on the fourms by posting messages of support.

I am currently emailing all thoses companies and people mentioned to highlight the fact they are being named and shamed!

Anything that helps out cause and raises awareness must be a good thing.

Thanks for your help!

Jonny

jonnyboy5515 said:
All

Some may know me from my postings, and after spending so much time and money trying to get this whole fiasco of Logos and screen burn into the public eye, I have created my own website.

http://www.saynotologos.co.uk

At present the site is young and will take some time to build up, however in order for me to do that I NEED YOUR SUPPORT.

have a look at the site and let me have your feedback, more importantly please help me out on the fourms by posting messages of support.

I am currently emailing all thoses companies and people mentioned to highlight the fact they are being named and shamed!

Anything that helps out cause and raises awareness must be a good thing.

Thanks for your help!

Jonny

Your link doesn't work, surely though the blame for screen retention and burn is soley the responsibilty of the manufacturers, why mae excuses for poor products?

boksbox said:
Your link doesn't work, surely though the blame for screen retention and burn is soley the responsibilty of the manufacturers, why mae excuses for poor products?

The link worked for me. That said, I was a bit wary of it as jonnyboy5515 opens the post with "Some may know me from my postings...", but has a post count of 1!

Also, surely screen burn can occur in many displays, regardless of manufacturer. It just so happens that some technologies are more susceptible than others. Like Plasma, CRT displays can also suffer, but it generally takes longer to burn in.

In my opinion, broadcasters placing a logo on a paid for channel are taking a liberty. It would be different if I could choose to turn off the logo, but I can't. I would love to see the back of them.

boksbox said:

Hi the link does work now.

The blame lies with broadcasters mainly, the manufacturers and the retailers. I don't think that Pioneer are classed as a poor product. The issue is that a static, highly coloured logo will burn both plasma and LCD. as they do not move at all. I dare you to run your plasma on the Player or Tiny Pop channels for +2 hours and see the result for yourself; you may not notice it at first but believe me when you do, you'll be shocked.

Jonny

jonnyboy5515 said:
Hi the link does work now.

The blame lies with broadcasters mainly, the manufacturers and the retailers. I don't think that Pioneer are classed as a poor product. The issue is that a static, highly coloured logo will burn both plasma and LCD. as they do not move at all. I dare you to run your plasma on the Player or Tiny Pop channels for +2 hours and see the result for yourself; you may not notice it at first but believe me when you do, you'll be shocked.

Jonny

Your site mentions that you bought a Pioneer 436 which has become notorious for screen retention, clearly this is a faulty product, burning in on an LCD?

aye, LCD and DLP dont suffer burn in, only Plasma and CRT do....

altho i believe some of the old TFT screens in laptops had problems with something akin to burn in.....cant remember for sure tho...

I'm not sure about LCD TVs, but many (and I mean many) TFT monitors suffer from really serious screen burn issues. I've been to so many companies and pointed out in 5 secs why they have so many 'faulty' monitors coming from highly recommended brands...

Usually a brilliant white desktop logo, sitting right in the middle of the screen all day long :rolleyes:

Logo's are a pain anyway, let's get rid of them! :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom