• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New vs Old in £500 price range

In this scenario which one would you get? (please leave comments below)

• Old

• New

Results are only viewable after voting.

alextv

Novice Member
I need some clarification and help understanding the advantages of say buying a 2018 model instead of a 2016.

Currently I can get second hand 55" Samsung KS7000-9000 for up to £500. Now it is a 2016 so, it older but it has a great great picture Q as far as I know.

As a comparison I can get a 55" NU7300 brand new for the same amount of money. As far as I know the picture Q is considerably worse in comparison...

My question is, is there a reason to get the new over the old? Doesn't have to be limited to Samsung.

My usage: mainly streaming services like amazon, tv shows and movies from hard-drive and disks of different quality. I also have a PS4 but rearly use it these days.

PS. would love an OLED LG but at that price they are all ex demo models and we all know that those are burned.

Dodgexander

For your use there is little gained from a TV like the KS7000 so its probably not needed.

In the £500 price range try to get hold of a Hisense 55" U7A instead of the Samsung.

KS7000 would be a good option if you wanted good HDR performance without breaking the bank, that is where there would be more value in going older.

alextv

Novice Member
For your use there is little gained from a TV like the KS7000 so its probably not needed.

In the £500 price range try to get hold of a Hisense 55" U7A instead of the Samsung.

KS7000 would be a good option if you wanted good HDR performance without breaking the bank, that is where there would be more value in going older.

Thank for the advice. Why do you recommend hisense? What does it have that KS doesn’t?

Dodgexander

Thank for the advice. Why do you recommend hisense? What does it have that KS doesn’t?
It doesn't have anything the KS series doesn't. I recommended instead of buying a new Samsung.

The Samsung NU7 series is more akin to the Hisense A series in spec now.
Whilst the Samsung NU8 series is akin to the Hisense U7A.

Hisense U7A is a lot cheaper, matching the price of the low tier Samsung whilst retaining a wide colour gamut + 120hz panel so its better value.

If you wanted better HDR performance though, go for the older KS series. Matching the KS series today and you're probably looking at the KS8000 being most similar to the Q7FN.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom