Question New VM Vivid 200 installation, anything to watch-out for?

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VM are coming to my home in a couple of days to install Vivid200 broadband. Does anyone have any gotchas or anything else to look out for? I was a VM customer many years ago (at another location) and TBH the installers were a complete pair of clowns. My guess is that the muppet level service probably hasn't improved that much, but of course things may have changed since my last dealings.

TIA

Clem

No, they have not changed. Terrible customer service, had a fault for almost 6 months now and keep being told there is nothing they can do.

Oh joy. Well, I suppose that I'll find out tomorrow, if they turn up. I left them last time because of shocking customer service but as I can only get BT Infinity 1, at less than stellar speeds, and I work from home I need a backup. Still, this way I can pay for two lots of rubbish service.

Sigh.

Clem

Well, the install went fine yesterday, much to my surprise and I'm getting ~208Mbit down and ~12.5 up according to speedtest.net. Shame that the up speed isn't higher. However, it's all not sweetness and light. When I try and register for an account on my.virginmedia.com the account process fails and as I result I can't get a VM email address, which is needed in order to be able to use their secure SMTP mail gateway -- other SMTP connections don't work. I've got to wait 2-5 days for a response. That said, it seems that you can use any @virginmedia.com address in the SMTP configuration on my Thunderbird email and thus far, that seems to work, but I don't know how long for.

One big step forward, two smaller ones back .....

Sigh.

Clem

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom