New Virgin Broadband Hub

RedArcher

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi

I used to have Virgin services years ago TV, Phone and Broadband package.

After years of being away I just received our new Virgin Broadband hub but it has an Ariel type cable?

I expected an adsl connector to pug it into the Virgin phone socket.

The setup says use the RF? Cable and insert it into a specific wall socket which I don’t have, just the Virgin phone socket.

If I purchase a ADSL adapter will it work in the phone socket?

Perviouly had a Tivo box for TV and a phone socket for phone and broadband!

Thanks in advance

Hi

No the VM hub needs to be connected to the coax cable.

If you have moved to VM, did they not come and complete the install. General the engineer would come, connect and set it all up for you.

I'm with sep8001 on this one.

VM insist on the install/setup fee and an engineer comes to your property to take care of the initial set up. Without that engineer visit you would not be able to register anything on the VM fibre service. So did you not go through this process or is there something were missing here. VM would never leave you an unterminated cable, be it the fibre or the coax.

VM do offer a "self install" option..... But only if the property already has an existing coax feed that was installed by them previously. For example when the previous occupant would have had coax based virgin services before.

If you don't have an existing coax feed, you will need an engineer visit to run it. They will also make sure the modem is registered etc.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom