1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New videoseven LTV32H

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by macroni, Sep 13, 2005.

1. macroni

macroni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In a few weeks I'm going to get myself a videoseven lcd tv. Today I went to their website, and noticed a new model. Link
    To me, this model looks really good (specs) , but i wanted some more opininons. This new model appears to be cheaper than the old one. How is that possible?

Please help me in my choice of videoseven lcd tv.

Thanks.

R

2. rhubarbe

rhubarbe
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    Well well. The old Videoseven got great reviews at ebuyer.co.uk from the people who bought it. I didn't buy it because it had no HDCP on the DVI. This one, however could well tempt me.

3. rhubarbe

rhubarbe
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    Well well. The old Videoseven got great reviews at ebuyer.co.uk from the people who bought it. I didn't buy it because it had no HDCP on the DVI. This one, however could well tempt me.

4. shazi

shazi
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    £649.99 at Amazon.co.uk with free delivery.
    Availability: usually dispatched within 1 to 2 weeks.

5. pixel8

pixel8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    :) Hyall... New guy needing help.

Ive spent the past month looking for a reasonable 32" LCDTV and reached the point of decision. :suicide:
    Ive been toying over the V7 32D or 32H (mostly 'cos of what I've read here)... The V7's are within my budget and can't really afford much more.

Problem is that the 32H seems to have a better spec AND sources state sometimes 8 or 18ms response time. :confused:
    Could anyone verify this for me... i think its probably 18!
    My misssus is going nuts with me and now, even the dog is asking when were getting the new tv!!! :rolleyes:

I'd really appreciate your help in choosing the best one and need your educated helping hand. Macroni, could you also let me know what you did?

P.S. Until I viewed your site, I knew nothing about HDTV, DVI etc so would have probably wasted a lot of hard-earned cash... so thanx for help already given and thanx again for any further help you can give... :thumbsup:

Cheers... pixel8

6. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
  7. pixel8

pixel8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    :hiya:

Thanx for your advice m8... :clap: its very much appreciated. :smashin:
    I checked out the V7 link and suppose i can take it as gospel we have accurate specs. The only problem being why the 32H is so much cheaper than the 32D? :confused: (£705@ Komplett and £649@ Amazon)...

8. remi

remi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  9. trenny

trenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Somebody mentioned in another thread that there is plans to introduce a 37" version in December, does anybody know about this?

10. dbeamish

dbeamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'll try and remember to ask them tomorrow..

11. TommyT

TommyT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well...took the plunge...my first flat screen telly and I have went for one of these chappies.
    Not being too clued up about such things, I simply looked at the specs..compared to others around the same price and it seems to come out as the winner.

Also compared to other with same/similar specs and they are a LOT more expensive albeit branded.

Couldn't argue with the 2 years service though.

The only thing, I think that lets it down are the looks. Could have been a little better looking perhaps but then again, I am comparing it to those in the shops that are designed to catch the eye..Panasonics do look nice though.

Lets hope amazone get it to me soon. Their estimate is around the start of Nov.

I will let you know...from anewbie point of view...how it looks when I get it.

Tommy

12. Sami

Sami

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    I am intrigued to hear people's thought's on this screen if anyone buys it....

13. remi

remi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also placed an order for this last night. Although they state a dispatch of 2/3 days on the website, once I placed the order it is showing an estimate delivery of 24/10/2005 to 01/11/2005.

14. markwombat

markwombat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have ordered one of these, I had an Haier 30" LCD from ebuyer which went wrong a few weeks after getting it so have ordered this as a replacement, I'm hoping that it is going to prove to be a much better Tv. I'll post my results once i get this tv.

15. rottyman

rottyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this i been banging my head of the wall because i couldnt find an lcd hdtv to suit me.
    I was pushed towards the samsung model that a lot of people are using but after hearing posts of people having problems i decided to stear clear. I was looking at a post mentioning the crown from woolies and someone mentioned the videoseven i clicked the link and i was suprised at the price considering its a 32 inch hdtv ready it had the works.

I done a serch anyway and found this post after reading it i went straight to amazon and got one. Anyway thanks guys i finally have a new tv for me xbox 360 now :)

Will be here 29 october or at the latest 4th november.

16. macroni

macroni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I already ordered it about two weeks ago, but videoseven had some problems with the production of the 32H. I should be getting it this week. I"ll take some pictures then, and write some toughts.

R

17. leeb

leeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Look forward to reading everyone's thoughts on this set. It's certainly a fantastic price for a 32" lcd, even more so when you look at the specs! :smashin:

18. cozzykim

cozzykim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi,
    I found the link to these while reading the Woolworths Crown 32" LCD thread.
    (I decided not to buy the Crown as it no longer has a pc input).
    The Video7 specs are amazing for the price, let's hope it lives up to expectations mine is showing delivery expected 24th oct to 1st nov.
    Meanwhile does anyone have advice (or point me to the correct thread) about the best custom resolution to use to use for 1366x768, I presume you have to use either 1360 or 1368 as the 1366 isn't divisible by 8. WinXP probably won't be too difficult as you can use powerstrip but I'll have to produce a modeline for Linux.

TIA

Kim

19. dbeamish

dbeamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Sounds like you'll get your purchased ones before I get one to play with. I heard last it would be 2-3 weeks but I might fish for an update at the end of the week. See if I can get a bump in the queue too ;)

20. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +857
    This is interesting, I'm saving for the sammy 26" that everyones on about, would have liked the 32" sammy but can't afford it, this 32" one here is around the same price as the 26" sammy, the only thing this 32" set is lacking as far as I can tell is an HDMI socket, which is a shame, but at least it work with Xbox 360, is it also possible to use this as PC monitor with good quality, what connections do I need to look out for to use as a PC monitor as well?

Oh and do they not do a black version of this set, as it doesn't look particually nice, but oh well.

21. Sami

Sami

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Isn't a DVI socket exactly the same as an HDMI socket.. THe only difference being that the DVI won't carry the sound?

22. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +857
    I have no idea, my only interest for HDMI is for PS3 and SkyHD, but I'm not to fussed about fussed those at present, that could be for a future set as I can see p23 and skyhd being expensive for a good year anyway, and i only want ps3 for mgs4 which will probably not be a launch title

23. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well after returning my Thomson I have decided to go for a videoseven. Specs seem good and Amazon's 14 return policy will allow the item to be returned if it turns out to be a dud. Hope it's a good one.

24. Sami

Sami

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Well if I am right about DVI being the same (which I'm 99% sure I am) then this set will be fine for the PS3

25. biggy7

biggy7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    hi mate, do you know if it will be free to post back if its not very good?

i think im in the same position as most, choosing my 1st lcd lol, what a nightmare.

before reading this,i wanted an lcd with hdmi, cos my sammy dvd player has it. but if what has been said about hdmi and dvi, i may just give this a try, it has 2 year warranty included aswell, does anyone have any review links?

i look forward to you lot receiving it!

26. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have got this from amazon.

It doesn't mention a fee to return and as they are arranging a collection I assume they will pay.

27. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +857
    Hope your right, personally I wouldn't know, so can anyone else confirm that this will be compatible with the SkyHD and Ps3?

28. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    it says HDCP so it will be able to accept an HDMI to DVI lead. PS3 will also have component out so it will work either way.

29. Arqentus

Arqentus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If people want some info regarding the v7 LTV32H, ask away. Just got mine ( at a very nice discount price of 999€'s ).

I'm using it as a PC setup monitor now, and this is what i have noticed:

The DVI does 1280*768. I'm still trying to figure out why its only that ( and not 1360*768 that many have used on other displays ). I needed to enter these settings manually sinds my nvidia driver didn't support them. Strangely, with 1280*768 i get a perfect 100% fit of my display. If i try to use 1on1 ( 1360*768 ), i end up with 95% visible, and 5% behind the border. Moving my mouse pointer, I'm able to move the image to those 5%, and of course, loos 5% on the other side. Looks like a problem with the nvidia drivers to me.

The downscaler/auto stretch used well sucks ... I tried F.E.A.R with 1024*768, and the ghosting was horrible. Then figured out how to set F.E.A.R to 1280*768, and it was a lot more livable ( 80% gone ). I think the small ghosting i still notice is because of the 1280 != perfect 1on1 mapping. At first i was kinda ****** off because a 8ms display & that amount of ghost was not acceptable ( looked more like a 25ms ), but after turning the resolution up to 1280, the drop was drastic, and like i said before, i suspect when i get it do 1360, it will be all gone.

Even more strange is the fact that i can't disable the auto stretch, or at leased, i have not found where to do it. The manual is rather lacking in regards to VGA/DVI manipulation.

Games tested: FEAR & FarCry. Fear needed some changes in the setting.cfg file to work at 1280*768 sinds its limited to default PC resolutions. FarCry supported 1280*768 without a problem. Trust me, you ain't seen FarCry if you haven't tried it on this 32" :) Daim!!! My old 20" 2001FP Dell looks like a baby compared.

Brightness, well, rip off your shirt, and get ready for a suntan. DVI was set to 80%, i needed to drop it to 20% just to be livable, and i still find it rather bright ).

I'm still learning a lot every minute, so bear with me if some problems i report get fixed down the line ;)

Note: I'm only using it as a PC monitor ( PC, DVD, gaming ) for now ( and later as a PC monitor + xbox360 TV ).

30. APPRIA40WR

APPRIA40WR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How does the quality compare to your Dell 2001F? When i say quality I mean resolution of icons etc (which are great on the Dell at 1600x1200 as you'll agree).

Picture in picture? PC with TV?