• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

new video card help

laserlord

Standard Member
hello
recently I figured out at systemrequirementslab that my pc is really not up to date. I have always wanted to play a certain game, but my pc doesn't aloow it. now here is my situation:

system requirements for game
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
2.0 GHz Intel Pentium IV or AMD XP or equivalent
512 MB RAM
9 GB Hard Disk Space
DVD-ROM Drive
64 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible Video Card with Pixel Shader 1.1 support or equivalent
DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit Sound Card
RECOMMENDED
3.0 GHz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent
1 GB RAM
256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or better

my computer has the following
processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 4000+ 2,10 GHz
motherboard: MCP61PM-AM
graphics card: nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Video RAM 377.0 MB
3D Yes
Hardware T&L Yes
Pixel Shader version 3.0
Vertex Shader version 3.0

1 GB RAM, 765.7 MB available
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 6001), 64-bit

power supply: max 450 watt

I know I could easily solve the problem by buying 2Gig's of RAM, but I wonder if I need another graphics card as well. the test showed that my card passed but I would like to run the game at medium quality.

and also, if I need another graphics card, do I need to change my motherboard because it already has one.
my budged would lie between 100-175. cheaper is always welcome.

I would hope to hear from you guys soon,
cheers laserlord

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
The video card you have is likely to be an onboard card, not much cop for gaming with. you need to check if you have a PCI-Express slot or an AGP slot. I'd suspect it's PCi-Express but I'd double check. Your PSU isn't great but something like an ati 5770 would certainly suffice.

However, you may wish to take this opportunity to cut your loses, sell the PC whole and buy a new one. Something like This would be far in advance of your current machine, upgrades or not, although you'd still need some components as listed on the page.

laserlord

Standard Member
The video card you have is likely to be an onboard card, not much cop for gaming with. you need to check if you have a PCI-Express slot or an AGP slot. I'd suspect it's PCi-Express but I'd double check. Your PSU isn't great but something like an ati 5770 would certainly suffice.

However, you may wish to take this opportunity to cut your loses, sell the PC whole and buy a new one. Something like This would be far in advance of your current machine, upgrades or not, although you'd still need some components as listed on the page.

yeah, I think it would be the best option. I can't use this website because I don't live in the UK but im sure there are plenty other websites..thank you for your time..I will continue to search for 2nd hand pc's..
cheers laserlord

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom