1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Version of "Alien"?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Iam, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Iam

Iam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Went & saw Pirates of the Carribean today, & they had an advert for a new Alien (Director's extended cut basically) on the wall.

Does anyone know if it'll be the same as the laserdisk version shown on IMDB?

2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This has been discussed in various threads, there are new versions coming out of Alien which might include the cocoon sequence with Tom Skerritt and the soundtrack has been given a complete new makeover, Alien3 and Alien Resurrection are getting similiar treatment and all 4 of the Alien films are being released this November on region 1 in a boxed set containing the new cuts and original cinema versions.

3. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +851
    according to Play.com the UK gets the same 9 disc set on 15th December.

4. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    You saw an advert in the cinema? for a new Alien Cinema release?

5. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +851
    I've seen several posters in my local multiplex for forthcoming DVD/vid releases recently - Indiana Jones, The Two Towers, Jackass...

I'd be surprised if they gave a new cut of Alien a theatrical run.... but if they did I'd definitely go

6. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,212
    Has it been confirmed yet whether or not Alien 3 is included in it's original form? There's no doubt that I will buy this boxset but it would make it 'complete' if they had the original third film - even though I am looking forward to the 'Extended Edition".

7. Iam

Iam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was an advert for a cinema release - no date (that I remember) just "Coming Soon".

8. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    HI,

As far as I know, "Alien: Director's Edition" will get a very short, very limited cinema run in the UK, but will also then appear in the Alien Quadrilogy DVd set as well. "Alien 3" should come with seamless branching, allowing viewers to watch the cinema cut or the longer Director's Version. At least, that's what I'm expecting.

Pooch

9. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would break the habit of a lifetime to see an Alien directors in the cinema....... No other film scares me quite as much!

Ad

10. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone heard of a release date for the cinema run of Alien, I would love to see it on the big screen

11. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +851
    well, according to Total Film magazine it's November 7th and it's nationwide. The new version is a hybrid of the original version with plenty of deleted scenes added back in, although after completely restoring it Ridley then went back and edited it again as the pacing didn't work in its extended form, removing a combination of both original and restored footage. I'm fascinated at the thought of the final result and can't wait to get my skinny ass down my local cinema to see it.

Apparently Ridley Scotts own personal DVD producer took charge of the whole Quadrilogy set, so you can rest assured the quality of the extras is going to be top notch. I read there's a 3 hour making of Alien doc on there.....:smashin: