New Velodyne DB Series

Chris mentioned in other thread:

Details are still a little thin, but product is on the water from China.
DB15 is said (by a trusted dealer friend, not the distributor) to be 'one of the best subs i've heard'

DB15 is 445 x 425 x 488 (HxWxD mm), 500w RMS and 1000w Peak, down to 23Hz +/- 3db.
RRP will be around £1490

DB13 is 370 x 350 x 388 (HxWxD mm), 350w RMS and 850w Peak, down to 26Hz +/- 3dB.
RRP will be around £1200

Stock due at the end of the month and we should have one or both for test and video review in Feb.

Chris mentioned in other thread:

DB15 is said (by a trusted dealer friend, not the distributor) to be 'one of the best subs i've heard'

DB15 is 445 x 425 x 488 (HxWxD mm), 500w RMS and 1000w Peak, down to 23Hz +/- 3db.
RRP will be around £1490

DB13 is 370 x 350 x 388 (HxWxD mm), 350w RMS and 850w Peak, down to 26Hz +/- 3dB.
RRP will be around £1200

Don't see anything wowish here to make such bold statement...

Just looking at the specifications alone I don’t think SVS will be quaking in their boots - we all know however that specs don’t always tell the whole story

Im just happy that Velodyne are still around and have been the proud owner of a couple of their excellent DD range of subs in the past - With their knowledge and pedigree of building excellent subwoofers im sure these new subs will sound fantastic

Ken

Be interesting to see how they perform to say the Monolith 15" at near 1/2 the price.

Be interesting to see how they perform to say the Monolith 15" at near 1/2 the price.

If your on about the 15 sealed it’s now unavailable

Na.....Ported mate I know the sealed are discontinued just stated this in another thread

Do I spy a little tag at the bottom of the grille? It's to make it easier to get off, but I don't think I'd be happy with that dangling there 😅

Can we say what we think? :D

I hope this cheaper range is better than the earlier ones. I have big group test of subwoofers in hifi magazine. Each one was measured and listened by 3 different persons. The Velodyne Impact 12 came last, nowhere near SVS and XTZ. The same goes for Sunfire. Name with great history/expertise doesn´t guarantee anything.

Those cheap spring connectors doesn´t belong in 1200-1500£ product! Finish looks like from 300£ sub, i would never guess this costs over 1k£ by looking picture. The specs (FR) are rather underwhelming and belong for lot cheaper product. For more serious HT hobbyist there is clearly better choices for similar price or less.

Can we say what we think? :D

I hope this cheaper range is better than the earlier ones. I have big group test of subwoofers in hifi magazine. Each one was measured and listened by 3 different persons. The Velodyne Impact 12 came last, nowhere near SVS and XTZ. The same goes for Sunfire. Name with great history/expertise doesn´t guarantee anything.

Those cheap spring connectors doesn´t belong in 1200-1500£ product! Finish looks like from 300£ sub, i would never guess this costs over 1k£ by looking picture. The specs (FR) are rather underwhelming and belong for lot cheaper product. For more serious HT hobbyist there is clearly better choices for similar price or less.

I think you are absolutely correct. I admit to being quite surprised at the amp plate myself.
But the test will be actually listening to one.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom