new vcr probs

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by gooner2, Jan 26, 2002.

Tags:
  1. gooner2

gooner2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    first i am not very good with techno things so i hope someone can help me with this, just bought a Sony se710 VCR and set it up with scarts i also have a pace sky box, when i have the 710 on the video channel its a great deal quiter than when it comes straight through the tv, does this make sense i hope so and if anyone can help i would be very grateful.
    Colin

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,646
    I do not have a Sony but if you can alter you audio levels on your machine UP, this may help.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.

3. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My trusty Sony VCR SLV825 just died - £600 10 years ago and I've just replaced it with a new Sony SLV X9 (similar spec to yours I think). Firstly I know my new VCR was much less expensive than my original Sony, but I put that down to consumer electronics getting cheaper generally - but the new one is inferior in every way - tuner quality, record quality and (re your question) no variable audio recording levels and playback. I'm fairly sure you can't alter the audio levels on your VCR either.
    However, if it's a volume mismatch to your digibox volume, you can adjust the Sky digibox volume output (system services, audio setup) so you may be able to match them that way.
    If it's a problem with matching the audio from your TVs internal tuner terrestrial output, I think you're probably knackered, unless your TV has the capability of adjusting the individual line input levels.

Hope this was of some use and not just confusing!;)

Simon