new v3x

just seen the new v3x (new v3 on 3g)

and wow!

its the same as v3 except it 6mm thicker thats it!

yet the screen is much bigger both inside and out!
plus a 2mega pixel camera and card slot

bloody awesome! gotta be a contender to the 2.5g d600?

also the nokia 6280 also a very nice phone on 3g
 
nope exactly the same! (ie looks square)
 

unique

Moderator
krismc said:
well just got stock of v3x (new v3 on 3g)

and wow!

its the same as v3 except it 6mm thicker thats it!

yet the screen is much bigger both inside and out!
plus a 2mega pixel camera and card slot

bloody awesome! gotta be a contender to the 2.5g d600?

also got the nokia 6280 also a very nice phone on 3g
i think i want one. i've had the old v3 for just over a year now so the right time to upgrade. i like the v3 apart from the crappy camera

where did you get it from? how much? what service (o2/orange/vodaphone?) and what colours does it come in? it looks like navy or black to me, can you get silver?
 
unique said:
i think i want one. i've had the old v3 for just over a year now so the right time to upgrade. i like the v3 apart from the crappy camera

where did you get it from? how much? what service (o2/orange/vodaphone?) and what colours does it come in? it looks like navy or black to me, can you get silver?

i am in process of trying to start a powerbuy for you guys so i can talk more openly and do you deals.
pm me and if mods dont mind i can call you back see what i can do for you or atleast answer some questions you have.
 
C

clonmult

Guest
And here was me almost settled on my possible choices of phones, and moto go and spoil my fun :)

I'm sure that everyone has a huge list of questions.

Me, I like the V3 apart from the camera, no video recording (out of the box at least), not enough memory, no stereo Mp3 playback ..... and it seems that the V3x may answer all of those.

Wonder how sensibly it will be priced - the V3 is getting ridiculously cheap right now, can't see the V3x following that trend :(
 

unique

Moderator
clonmult said:
And here was me almost settled on my possible choices of phones, and moto go and spoil my fun :)

I'm sure that everyone has a huge list of questions.

Me, I like the V3 apart from the camera, no video recording (out of the box at least), not enough memory, no stereo Mp3 playback ..... and it seems that the V3x may answer all of those.

Wonder how sensibly it will be priced - the V3 is getting ridiculously cheap right now, can't see the V3x following that trend :(
i share the same views, its a nice camera, but all those points you mentioned means it's not very well featured. to be honest, most of the other stuff doesn't bother me too much, but i've been front row at too many cracking gigs and missed a lot of chances for great pix, and as i never leave anywhere without my phone, having the camera combined is ideal for me, although for the money i could buy a much better seperate camera that would take far superior shots, but then i would just forget to take it when needed

i'm hoping the price won't be too bad as motorola have got to compete with the d600 and k750i and N90 etc, and the new model is a bit thicker. the old model is about 14mm, so its almost 50% thicker at 20mm. i guess the price will be initially higher but drop a couple of months after initial release, just like the old v3, but i doubt the new model will be in as high demand as the older one was a year ago, particularly as you can get the old one reasonably cheap now
 

unique

Moderator
krismc said:
im a dealer! my supplier has just allocated us stock today.
cant really discuss here due to rules.
i am in process of trying to start a powerbuy for you guys so i can talk more openly and do you deals.
pm me and if mods dont mind i can call you back see what i can do for you or atleast answer some questions you have.
if u want to, and your allowed to, you can pm me some prices etc, basically i dont text much (i can't stand texting, and find it a pain when folk text me and expect a reply - it's quicker to make a 30 second phone call than spend half an hour pressing buttons), neither am i too heavy on call usage, so 200 mins etc is fine. i'm just interested in getting the best deal for the phone, it's usually cheaper to buy on contract. i don't mind getting a new number either, i'd rather hold onto my old v3 than upgrade and give it up, and i'd prefer o2/vodaphone/orange to T mobile or the others, unless the prices are spectacularly lower. i'm not in a huge rush to get it, so i might wait a month or two for prices to fall and more offers to become available
 

SeaneyC

Active Member
Am i the only one who thinks that a 6mm thicker V3 is actually no longer that small a phone, the V3 is pretty big, and not even that thin!?
 
C

clonmult

Guest
uridium said:
And I bet the UI is standard Moto rubbish
The "standard" moto UI isn't rubbish. There is a distinct difference between you not understanding/liking a UI and it being rubbish.
 
clonmult said:
The "standard" moto UI isn't rubbish. There is a distinct difference between you not understanding/liking a UI and it being rubbish.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

iused to be a nokia freak!
i dont have a moto but think the system is good n flexible once you know it.
 

Uridium

Well-known Member
Hmm, Think if I can understand and develop apps for Pocket Pc 2003 Phone edition I can understand a Motorola Interface

In comparison to offerings from Nokia (admittedly a dull interface) and SE or Samsung (both well designed and fast) The Moto UI pales in comparison
 

emporer

Banned
all moto ui's are awfull, nokia almost had it spot on at one point but now i think the sony and samsung jobbies are easier.

i was interested in seeing this new v3x but knowing its nearly 50% thicker is a big put off and with it being just as wide then i'll steer well clear. They may have solved some of the big probs with the 1st v3 ie camera and storage but you pay for it in the extreme size difference.

if its like most of motos previous offerings then in my book it will be marked down as crap
 

chrislad

Well-known Member
clonmult said:
The "standard" moto UI isn't rubbish. There is a distinct difference between you not understanding/liking a UI and it being rubbish.
Yeah it is. Other than Siemens, it's the worst UI out there. Nokia may be dull and boring, but it's easy to use. Samsung and SE are bright and clear, without treating you like you're stupid, like the Nokia one does. Sagem are alright on some of their higher models but the lower ones are horrible, though that's due to the phones rather than the software.
 

Uridium

Well-known Member
chrislad said:
Yeah it is. Other than Siemens, it's the worst UI out there. Nokia may be dull and boring, but it's easy to use. Samsung and SE are bright and clear, without treating you like you're stupid, like the Nokia one does. Sagem are alright on some of their higher models but the lower ones are horrible, though that's due to the phones rather than the software.
Got it spot on there great way of describing Nokia's. polished UI but treats you like your stupid :thumbsup:

I've had countless M'rola's over the years and the Interface has actually been worse on every subsequent phone (The T720 in particular I'm sure was developed by Infants)

The Pocket PC interface is still not great for phone use. To sum up I think the K750/D600 are unbeatable at the moment
 

emporer

Banned
uridium said:
Got it spot on there great way of describing Nokia's. polished UI but treats you like your stupid :thumbsup:

I've had countless M'rola's over the years and the Interface has actually been worse on every subsequent phone (The T720 in particular I'm sure was developed by Infants)

The Pocket PC interface is still not great for phone use. To sum up I think the K750/D600 are unbeatable at the moment
agreed
 

dealmaker

Standard Member
No one has mentioned the "intelligent voice activation/control" on the V3X - no need for training - supposed to work fresh out of the box!
 

chrislad

Well-known Member
Key word is 'supposed'. We'll have to see how it works first before we judge it.
 
M

Ms2hot2touch

Guest
Im due for an upgrade and I always get the latest for free :D but I can't decied which one to go for :confused: , You guys might want to add the Samsung 320i to the list as the spec from that is also good :thumbsup: .

At the mo I have the crappy :thumbsdow Motorolla V3 Black, and the Samsung D500 :smashin: I only like the apperance of the V3 but I think the features are extreamly poor for a phone of this centry it takes me about 10mins just to send a txt :mad:

If anyone out there is good at making decisions :lease: help me to make mine out of these three phones Nokia 6280, Motorolla V3x, or Samsung 320i Thanks
 
outta those phones id go for nokia 6280,
how bout n70? or holding on till new year, some awesome phones from nokia due!

have a good nose on www.gsmarena.com
every phone from past present and future, good for getting specs etc
 
hardiz said:
The V3x is typical motorola Ie difficult to use! It is also a bit cluncky!

as a nokia 2.5g handset user that quote would be right!

however as a nokia 3g user it would be partially right

and as a moto user it would be wrong!

an os system is only as difficult if its different to the one your using.

i myself prefer neither and get on with both, however i find samsungs a bit of a pain for no real reason other than the location of the ok buttons and some other bits.

but i like samsungs for looks etc

but if i was buying a phone for granny id buy her a nokia
 

hardiz

Active Member
I have used many different phones as i work in the industry and motorola are the worst when it comes to useability followed by samsung. motorolas tend to have poor build quality Ie the V3
 

Trending threads

Latest news

T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
CTA launches 8K UHD TV display certification programme
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Huawei launches Google-less Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro phones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Latest threads

Top Bottom