New V+ box, digisender & surround sound set up

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by SueAtt, Apr 28, 2007.

1. SueAtt

SueAtt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:
    I had my old digital box (NTL/virgin) replaced with a V+ box today. Before it was done the digisender and surround sound system worked fine. The engineer who installed the box supposedly set up the whole system again, but now I have no surround system or digisender working.
    As I don't seem to know very much about how to set up, I'm hoping someone will be able to help??
    I have:
    TV Sony Bravia KDL-S32A12U
    Sony Home Theatre System DAV-DZ300
    DigiSender DG200/220

At the moment the V+ is connected straight to the HDMI port and the engineer has plugged both the digisender and S/S system into the 'video recorder' scart on the V+ box, but I'm sure there is no signal coming through from there.

Hopefully this is a really simple thing and I'm just being thick...............

Thanks

Sue

2. ChildOfRarn

ChildOfRarn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    Sue

To pass audio to the surround sound you need to connect red/white phono leads between the V+ and the DAV-DZ300.
    This will give you ProLogic but not 5.1 as the DAV-DZ300 has no optical or digital audio input.

The V+ SCARTs are disabled when HDMI is selected, but the VCR/DVD SCART is enabled when archiving a recording.

To use a digisender I would suggest connecting it to the TV SCART but you would need to select SCART as the output method when you want to use it.

Hope this helps

Trevor

3. SueAtt

SueAtt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much! Have successfully set up digisender and just need to get some leads for the audio.

Sue:thumbsup: