New user, trouble with sky box and TH-42PA30

sonic99

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just bought the Panasonic TH-42PA30 and I'm having trouble with the setting it upi with a sky digi box.
I'm currently using the 3 scarts connections on the back like this.-

AV1- Sky digi box.
AV2- DVD player.
AV4- Satelite set top box.

The satelite box is also 'looped through'd' to the sky box.

The trouble I'm having is the screen seems to flash red in the background when using the sky box. The satelite box and DVD are fine.

I've not changed any settings in the sky box, but have tried to play around with the plasma settings with no joy.
I'm pretty new to this so talk to me like I'm 5 years old.! :D
Thanks for the help.

Not sure of the difference between a sky box and a satellite box. Can you explain and say how you are connected/settings etc.

Sky box is a sky digital box, the satelite box is a humax 5400 for receiving all other satelite channels out there. ;)

Each is connected via a scart cable, the sky box in AV1 and the humax in AV4. My DVD is connected to AV2.

Changed the sky box to RGB in the setup, but doesn't help.??

Anybody any ideas.??

I have Sky+ connected direct to AV1 fine and the XBox/PS2 share the scart connection for AV4. What I would do is just try connecting your equipment once at a time to see what is causing the problem as a first step.

Must be the sky box that is the problem.
Was using my old Amstrad DRX100, finally took my new sky + box out and connected that and it's fine now.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom