New user, probs with Fortissimo and channel balance

summat

Standard Member
Reaction score
Recently built a HTPC, based on an Asrock 775-Twins-HDTV motherboard, 3.2GHz Celeron, 1GB memory, 2x250gb SATA's in RAID-0 config, added a Fortissimo III 7.1 sound card to give me S/PDIF to the AV-amp (wife had the sound card collecting dust).

Originally, I'm sure I tried the Fortissimo's control panel, where you can run a speaker test that cycles through each speaker to allow you to adjust the levels.

Last night, tried playing a DVD-rip with AC-3 audio, and the audio balance was well off - e.g. background music very loud, main audio track very quiet.

I've just played the same rip on my main machine, using USB headphones - and the sound sounds fine on this.

If I try now the Fortissimo's control panel and click test/rotate the test "drum beat" is output at the same level through each speaker - i.e. no rotation, and no channel level / balance control.

Anyone got any hints / tips as to what to look for?, the last 6-8 hrs of configurating the HTPC (with dodgy wireless keyboard/mouse, and even dodgier wireless LAN connection) has ****** me off enough, before the audio debacle.

Update: My silly, silly fault. No AC3 Filter installed (well it was, but not once I reinstalled when I fitted everything into the case).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom