• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New user, probs with Fortissimo and channel balance

summat

Standard Member
Recently built a HTPC, based on an Asrock 775-Twins-HDTV motherboard, 3.2GHz Celeron, 1GB memory, 2x250gb SATA's in RAID-0 config, added a Fortissimo III 7.1 sound card to give me S/PDIF to the AV-amp (wife had the sound card collecting dust).

Originally, I'm sure I tried the Fortissimo's control panel, where you can run a speaker test that cycles through each speaker to allow you to adjust the levels.

Last night, tried playing a DVD-rip with AC-3 audio, and the audio balance was well off - e.g. background music very loud, main audio track very quiet.

I've just played the same rip on my main machine, using USB headphones - and the sound sounds fine on this.

If I try now the Fortissimo's control panel and click test/rotate the test "drum beat" is output at the same level through each speaker - i.e. no rotation, and no channel level / balance control.

Anyone got any hints / tips as to what to look for?, the last 6-8 hrs of configurating the HTPC (with dodgy wireless keyboard/mouse, and even dodgier wireless LAN connection) has ****** me off enough, before the audio debacle.

summat

Standard Member
Update: My silly, silly fault. No AC3 Filter installed (well it was, but not once I reinstalled when I fitted everything into the case).

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom