New User - I need a HDTV for SkyHD any ideas?(sony preferably)

S

Smoke2431

Hi there,

I am an employee of Sky, and i am getting a SkyHD box, then i remembered that i dont have a HDTV :D

So i am looking for a good one, now i do get 30% off on sony Bravia's if that helps my search, and im not looking for anything more than £1000.

Dont think i need anything bigger than 32", i will also be getting a xbox 360 just to throw in some more information.

Last thing, i have read a few threads and i have heard the sound quailty is pretty poor on lcd tv's, i have an apple ipod hifi which isnt the best but cost me £200 and i'm not looking to buy another audio setup, will this do (it only has 1 audio in at the back) can you get a splitter for this as i have my PC running through it at the moment.

Thanks alot guys :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: anyone please? £1000 LCD TV, Sony possibly? I've been looking and is the Samsung 32" any good? or would a Sony be better?

My local tesco has sony 32 ich lcd hdtvs for £799 and the same model in currys next door is over £1200, i might buy one myself

Smoke2431 said:
:rolleyes: anyone please? £1000 LCD TV, Sony possibly? I've been looking and is the Samsung 32" any good? or would a Sony be better?

Smoke2431 said:

You can go for an Sony KDL32V2000V witch i bought fot £1,209 but got it priced mached to £1,089.99. Not £1000 but close.

Deal I Got:

Make: Sony
Model: KDL32V2000U
JL Store: Brent Cross
Price: £1,395 PM To: £1,209 Re PM to: £1,089.99
PM JL Store: Welwyn Garden City Then: Electrosaver (Greenside Electrical)

Get the Sony KDL32V2000.

Sony's rrp for this Bravia is circa 1400 quid, so if you get a 30% discount then the cost to yourself will be 980 quid - buy this one, you will not be disappointed.

I second "Get the Sony KDL32V2000".

I replaced my Samsung 32" R41 with a Sony 32V2000 and it is so much better for picture quality but not as good for sound. SD material even looks quite good on the Sony while crap on the Samsung.

Hello dudes:smashin:
I got my LCD back in march. Its not a well known make, but its a brill TV,:thumbsup:
Trust me Ive got my 360 and my SkyHD both on 1080i, and they they look awesome. Its a Swisstec 37" LCD and it was only £999 from my local Co-op.
Best bargain ive ever had, (I sound like a salesman for co-op) lol!
Thats my recommendation anyway

woodywizz said:
Get the Sony KDL32V2000.

Sony's rrp for this Bravia is circa 1400 quid, so if you get a 30% discount then the cost to yourself will be 980 quid - buy this one, you will not be disappointed.

Totally agree, 32” “S” BRAIVA is superior to Samsung but the 40” Samsung seems to be on par with 40” BRAVIA (S series)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom