New US Shout/Scream Factory Releases

Mark Costello

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
Scream Factory: The Dark Half, Candyman: Farewell to the Flesh, UHF, and Invaders From Mars Coming to Blu-ray

Some great - Dark Half, Escape from New York (dear lord please be a new remaster/restoration!!!!), Monkey Shines, Invaders from Mars (Hoopers version),

Some already released here - Dolls, Mad Max, Phantom of the Opera (the Englund version)

Some drek - Scarecrows, Candyman 2

Some I've never heard of - UHF anyone?????

Best decision ever made going multi region - between these guys and Criterion I'm a happy bunny

The Dark Half has already been released on blu in France, at least the SF should have some extras on it.

Scarecrows isn't bad, actually. It's got quite a bit of a cult. It's a better movie than Hooper's Invaders from Mars cocaine-induced bogosity, anyhoo.

So glad I have held out buying Escape from New York when this news popped up from Comic Con , fingers crossed they can do the same job as they did with there version of The Fog.

Also I wonder if Invaders From Mars will be like the German version and come packaged with the classic 50s film as that is the one I really want , time will tell.

Haven't seen the Dark half for years, i wonder if still like it?

The Dark Half holds up pretty well. It's the last decent film Romero made.

Good thread resurrection!!! [emoji1303]
Renamed this thread to keep abreast of all future Shout/Scream Factory releases. Can a belting 2016 (Thing, Carrie, Exorcist III, Black Christmas, Child's Play, Tales from the Crypt, etc) turn into an equally good 2017?

Red Dawn already mentioned, but The Lawnmower Man also scheduled.....

And Slither!!!!! Hopefully it'll be better than current Euro versions available.

The Lawnmower Man Collector's Edition Blu-ray

Last edited:
Robocop 2 and, er, 3 coming in March... [emoji16]

Robocop 2 and, er, 3 coming in March... [emoji16]
Haha! Anyone who thinks Robocop 3 is worth buying (except as part of the existing 3 film set) is barking mad. Its atrocious. It is a bit funny in places though (unintentionally).

I have always been a fan of the Scream Factory and their releases, but unfortunately my player is set only to region B. Is there a UK base site that is simular to the Scream Factory at all?

I have always been a fan of the Scream Factory and their releases, but unfortunately my player is set only to region B. Is there a UK base site that is simular to the Scream Factory at all?

Arrow pretty much

Last edited:
Shout are already doing well this year what with the Pink Panther collection in April and then Willard and Ben in May although I really expected those to be a double bill

Poltergeist II is getting some good reviews,very temped here :)
Yeah just saw the bluray.com review myself.......impressive.......but the film is just too 'meh' for me to be that tempted. The UK Fox discs of both sequels will do for now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom