The Pixar Short Films Collection: Volume 1
Ratatouille

HD DVD Only:

I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry

On Both Formats

The Aviator
Best of HD DVD, Action
Best of HD DVD, Family

OldBoy & Ratatouille vs I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry. Will quality animation sell? Will the Korean-languaged classic OldBoy sell well (high def subtitles :confused: )? Will the comedy blockbuster of Chuck & Larry go the way of Knocked Up :smashin: or Evan Almighty :thumbsdow ? I'd personally love to see OldBoy trounce everything.

November 13th

Blu-ray Disc Ony:

Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Dragon Ball Z - Broly Double Feature
I, Robot
IMAX: Africa the Serengeti
IMAX: Alaska Spirit of the Wild
IMAX: Antarctica -- An Adventure of a Different Nature
IMAX: Australia Land Beyond Time
Masters of Horror: Season One - Vol. Three
Prison Break: Season One

HD DVD Only:

Pride & Prejudice (2005)
Shrek the Third

On Both Formats

Ocean's Giftset
Ocean's Thirteen
That's Entertainment: The Complete Collection
Ultimate Force

Close Encounters (old, re-issued before, costs an arm and a leg, but a classic) vs Shrek 3. Will quality animation sell? Will everyone not buy it, as they wait for the inevitable boxed-set?

November 20th

Blu-ray Disc Ony:

Badder Santa: The Unrated Version
David Gilmour: Remember That Night
Die Hard
Die Hard 2: Die Harder
Die Hard 3: Die Hard with a Vengeance
The Die Hard Collection
Hairspray (2007) [NOTE: Dual-format release - HD DVD version due in the new year]
Live Free or Die Hard
Pathfinder
Red Dawn
Rescue Dawn
The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause

HD DVD Only:

Star Trek: The Original Series -- The Complete First Season
Tremors

On Both Formats

Queen Rock Montreal DELAYED. New Release date December the 4th.

I think we're all interested in seeing just how die-hard these Trekkies are (pardon the pun). I mean will anyone pay that much?

November 27th

Blu-ray Disc Ony:

I Know Who Killed Me
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
Paprika

HD DVD Only:

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
Hot Rod
Mr. Bean's Holiday
Old School

On Both Formats

The Omega Man

At a time where $100million+ blockbusters appear to be turning up once a week, that's a much needed wallet-resting release schedule.

E&OE

Steve W

Big one for me there is Star Trek: The Original Series :thumbsup:

Other than that I will be picking up Battle Of Britain, A Bridge Too Far, Oceans Thirteen and Pride & Prejudice. Undecided on the Die Hard Collection as of yet - I am keen to see the new film but the set is somewhat expensive for what it is.

For me:

OldBoy
Shrek 3
Die Hards (but maybe only after a price drop)

A good (as in cheap :thumbsup: ) month.

Just as well with Christmas approaching.

And with Bourne 3, Harry Potters, Blade Runner, Independence Day and The Simpsons Movie in December.

Steve W

I'm tempted by Tremors :devil: will wait and see the reviews first..

well for me its gonnna be an expensive month:)

battle of britain,,cars,,ratatouille,,pixar shorts films {for the little one of course},,close encounters,,I robot,,die hard 1 and finally ,,Live free or Die hard---all Blu-ray's

might get shrek as well :Don hd dvd

Not too much for me in November, which my wallet will welcome after the insanity of October. Out of that lot I'll be picking up:

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
Oldboy
Ratatouille (If the US issue is Region Free)
Die Hard (UK issue 29th October)
Die Hard 4.0 (UK issue 29th October)

isnt planet earth released this nov? should be interesting (suppose its not listed due to it being a documentary)

isnt planet earth released this nov? should be interesting (suppose its not listed due to it being a documentary)

These are US releases only.

I have 3 HD DVDs pre-ordered for November - all UK discs. I'm literally going to double my UK collection in the space of a month. :eek:

Not too many for me in November..... not with the move imminent <Still touching wood>

Pre-Ordered
Close Encounters..... I thought £14.99 was not that bad....... The trailers look Superb
Cars..... But ordered the UK Release
Digital Video Essentials.... But Uk release again
HD Scape Sampler.... got to be worth a look....
Will be ordering.
Ratatouille...... Another One for the Kids ;)

I will order probably only 2 or 3 more but not too sure what yet..... :thumbsup:

Still not gone the Sammy dual format route yet... so no hd-dvd titles being ordered as of yet, i will see what the new year brings on this front .... :)

Is Independence Day not coming out this year anymore?

Also, for me I will be getting...

Close Encounters
I, Robot
Shrek the Third
Die Hard Collection
Star Trek TOS Season 1

December the 4th.

But that's FOX, so maybe regionally coded.

Out in the UK on Christmas Eve!

Steve W

Got a US PS3 so region coding isnt a problem.

Does anyone know if the David Gilmour "Remember that Night" would play on a UK Ps3? Or if not when the UK release is?

Cheers

Cars..... But ordered the UK Release

As much as I like Clarkson on Top Gear, I can't go with all this 're-voicing' :thumbsdow

This and Shrek (when it gets a release) will have to be the original voices, so the US discs for me.

I too don’t like re-voicing, in fact I prefer the characters to have voices I cannot recognise and every time one opens its mouth I get thinking “oh that so and so”.
Having UK voices brings the recognition one step nearer.

As much as I like Clarkson on Top Gear, I can't go with all this 're-voicing' :thumbsdow

This and Shrek (when it gets a release) will have to be the original voices, so the US discs for me.

I didn't realise it was changed !! I had ordered the UK release due to the fact of getting it earlier and Cheaper......

Will you not be getting either of them then ??

I didn't realise it was changed !! I had ordered the UK release due to the fact of getting it earlier and Cheaper......

Will you not be getting either of them then ??

Oh yes. I'll be getting the US release of Cars with the proper voice for Marv (Jeremy Piven instead of Jeremy Clarkson) and the US release for the Shrek movies with Joan Rivers and Larry King (Not Kate Thornton and Jonathan Ross) and with the headbutts uncensored.

UPDATE - Queen Rock Montreal is delayed until December the 4th...but looking at the extras they're adding, I'm sure Queen fans will be happy to wait that little bit longer:

I can assure you, we're not at all that bothered about the irrelavant live aid extras (already available on DVD and NOTHING at all to with the Montreal concert some 4 years before!). However these extras were always on the SD DVD version (which is realeased this month), so we're actually just a 'little bit' annoyed that the high-def releases were originally going to be barebones and at the last minute they decided to put the sd version's extras on the high-def discs. SO, NO WE ARE NOT HAPPY about having to wait for what should have been decided in the first place. Obviously QP (Queen Productions) originally wanted HD owners to 'double dip' and buy BOTH versions :thumbsdow :mad:

Oh yes. I'll be getting the US release of Cars with the proper voice for Marv (Jeremy Piven instead of Jeremy Clarkson) and the US release for the Shrek movies with Joan Rivers and Larry King (Not Kate Thornton and Jonathan Ross) and with the headbutts uncensored.

Cheers for that info Hugh :thumbsup:..... Changed my order to Amazon.com (cheaper than Movietyme for this one for some bizarre reason) I've kept the asda one on order for comparison, then i can sell on the one i don't prefer :)

Deano

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom