New Upgrades

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jenz, Mar 30, 2001.

1. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well All,

I can finally now confirm the upgrades that I have been kicking around for the last week.

I will be upgrading my HC Site here: http://www.bulletsnbabesdvds.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=5

I have installed a new 96inch 4:3 Screen from Screens UK (excellent service).

The idea was to move the BarcoVision 708MM to the back of the room to throw a 90inch image. However instead I have just purchased a BarcoGraphics 808s (<1000hrs). Because of the length of the Barco I'm limited to a maximum 84inch wide image in this room so that will have to do [​IMG] Installation is due in the 2nd week of April.

The Rock Video Processor has been purchased and confirmed from TAW and should arrive first week of April. This is the new unit at the reduced price.

After this I shall probably be selling my HTPC. I'm looking at a new DVD Player, I fancied the Arcam DV88 at the mo'. I'm keen to avoid the Chroma Issues and I may finally get around to a Pronto.

Any questions fire away.

------------------
    Webmaster,
    Bullets n Babes DVDs HT Pics

2. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    Well done Jenz!
    Can't wait for you to get THE ROCK and see how it compares with HTPC. Surely it can't be that much better, can it? (Much more convienent obviously).

I'll see if I can't rent the R2 version of 5th Element - I'm curious now, I didn't realise there was a quality difference between the two.

Told you the 80x was big! Sorry to hear that you can't use the full size of the screen - can't the screen be moved back at all? (Either that or knock a bit out the wall so that the Barco fits!).

Its cost you a fair bit all this upgrading but I'll bet money that you smile from ear to ear every time you look at what you've got! Regards,
    Paul

3. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually the cost was £1000 upgrade for the Projector, £500 for fitting and the rental of the small crane to lift it into position.

Screen Upgrade was a marginal cost due to trade in of the old one.

Of course The Rock will work out around £2.5k.

When you have your system setup to your satisfaction let me know and I lend you R2 Fifth Element to compare.

Regards Neil.
    Ps. Some of you may think that the Projector is a lot. For info purposes this is a BarcoGraphics 808s and total cost to me was £3k.

------------------
    Webmaster,
    Bullets n Babes DVDs HT Pics

[This message has been edited by Jenz (edited 30-03-2001).]

4. jlcrawford

jlcrawford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    are we to gather that since you got your 708 from m2n and you have "upgraded" then surely m2n must be the provider of the 808s?
    ps just got a customs bill from a screen import from the us a total of $365 on a purchase of $1100 including shipping dont you just love import duty and VAT

[This message has been edited by jlcrawford (edited 31-03-2001).]

5. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jeff, Yep did the deal.

Thats a good indicator for me on The Rock Import. I'd estimated $1100 dollars import tax.

6. jlcrawford

jlcrawford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Neil
    "Yep" as in yes ,did the deal.Or "Yep" as in the name of the guy who I now contact to put me on his CRT list of future available 808s?
    By the way did your pretty excellent deal include a ceiling mount also? and lets get it all out does it have Iris -I know its not supposed to be any good but I'd like to see how it does for myself?

7. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jeff,

Yes I did the deal. Yes via M2N. Yes it has IRIS [​IMG]

Because of my specific ceiling we wont be using a mount. We are using special rods into the concrete upper floor.

[This message has been edited by Jenz (edited 01-04-2001).]