new update restored my phone to factory settings

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by pilsburypie, Feb 26, 2013.

Tags:
  1. pilsburypie

pilsburypie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Not the end of the world as just before I updated today the phone backed up, but still a royal PITA!

I plugged my iPhone 5 into iTunes, it informed me there was an update so I clicked download and install. I tunes then informs me that my phone is in restore mode and gives me the option to factory reset. I unfortunately have no option other than to do this as my phone is now bricked with the connect to itunes screen.

So, a factory reset followed by a restore which I then have to manually select every app I want put on the phone which are then dumped all over numerous screens and not in my neat little folders......

Long story short, no harm done, but a couple of hours wasted restoring and re-organising.......... not even sure what this update was for - apart from to annoy!:suicide:

Rant over.

2. jammyb2004

jammyb2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    Do you not have iCloud switched on?

I haven't plugged my phone in for donkeys and I did so on Sunday to update to 612 [jailbroken]

It offered to restore from December 2011 or feb 2012!

I restored from iCloud and it was from a sync from 3am that day!

Takes about an hour to restore from that but haven't lost a thing nor had to load anything in as it did it for me.

Then 5 mins with xbackup and fully jailbroken and restored :)

Use iCloud!