New update LG C9

Bilbo 69

Established Member
Reaction score
LG 65” C9
I have just updated the latest software version to 05.00.03
Does any one no what the updates are please. ?

Click the software file reference link and it lists the change log, nothing of importance unless LG has done some stealth fixes which are noticed by enthusiasts.

Since the update. My hardwired C9 cannot use the wired connection. WiFi connection has worked all day, Yesterday and today it reports no internet connection in the evenings. My laptop is connected with no issues.

Anybody else have the same. Not using the internet on it only the voice assist,

Since the update. My hardwired C9 cannot use the wired connection. WiFi connection has worked all day, Yesterday and today it reports no internet connection in the evenings. My laptop is connected with no issues.

Anybody else have the same. Not using the internet on it only the voice assist,
I have also noticed connectivity issues on few occasions recently - seems now very coincidental to the update I did a few days ago. I have both wired and wireless enabled and connected. My TV is next to the router by the way. Have not noticed any improvements in the 'casting' capabilities and now find the color temperature seems to be warmer (more cinematic) that before. Maybe the settings have got messed up?

I have also noticed connectivity issues on few occasions recently - seems now very coincidental to the update I did a few days ago. I have both wired and wireless enabled and connected. My TV is next to the router by the way. Have not noticed any improvements in the 'casting' capabilities and now find the color temperature seems to be warmer (more cinematic) that before. Maybe the settings have got messed up?

I managed to fix this by turning off WiFi. I also reserved the IP address to the TV MAC address in the router setup so the same IP address is always used.

I think it's down to having both on.

WiFi could in theory be quicker than the stupid 100mb/s LAN connection.

Hi,
my OLED55c9PLA (UK model) recently updated to software 05.00.03, and I am VERY unhappy.
When watching live TV, I use the "Guide" button to see the grid of what's on my favourite channels.
Since this update, this table takes ages to update. When opening the table, it shows the current time in the ribbon, but the table is full of programs current when the guide was last showing. This misleading data is there for minimum 8 secs, sometimes much longer. Scrolling up or down, the table is blank (for a long time). Scrolling right to later in the day, the data shows the existing programs for a long time, sometimes over a minute. This is intensely frustrating, and unacceptable.

Is it just me, or are others experiencing the same bad UX?

The TV should fetch all relevant data in one gulp, to be able to scroll fluidly though all channels and future information (at least for the current day).

To see this TERRIBLE performance, please watch this video:
https://photos.app.******/bYiYXZswSVX6xGSK9

photos. app. goo. gl / bYiYXZswSVX6xGSK9

Where should I report this bug?

cheers,
Andrew.

Where should I report this bug?

cheers,
Andrew.

I also have a problem now with arc not earc as amp does not do that.
After the update the menu in sound said internal speaker not arc.
Changed back to arc but now get no sound to amp from internal apps or anything else.
Before the update when i put amp on it would switch to tv on amp,and when amp was off would get sound to tv.
Now ith arc on and amp off I get no sound to tv.
Bloody annoying, as it was all good before.

Hi guys re my post above ,would anyone know why ARC will no longer work.
Have contacted LG with no success.
Receiver is Onkyo Tx RZ800,all settings are the same as before , arc cec on

Have powered off tv and amp, have checked cable works,tv set to ARC out, paasthrough no longer works,nor auto or pcm.
When I switch it from internal tv speaker to Arc it switches on receiver but no sound.
As I said all was fine till latest firmware.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,
my OLED55c9PLA (UK model) recently updated to software 05.00.03, and I am VERY unhappy.
When watching live TV, I use the "Guide" button to see the grid of what's on my favourite channels.
Sorry that I cannot offer you any assistance but I am curious to know about your setup.
I don't know how to even use that 'Live TV' feature. Have you connected some antenna to your TV? I have no antenna so I obviously get no signal.

Thanks for your reply. Weirdly, after 3 or 4 days, it spontaneously settled back to its previous behaviour of taking 2-3 seconds to paint the data on the grid. Not great, but usable. I'm guessing after pushing out their software update, their data servers were overwhelmed until everyone's TVs were updated and data caches refreshed. But the problem has gone away on its own. Hmmm...

Sorry that I cannot offer you any assistance but I am curious to know about your setup.
I don't know how to even use that 'Live TV' feature. Have you connected some antenna to your TV? I have no antenna so I obviously get no signal.

and, yes, as a 62-year old I do indeed have a TV aerial connected to my TV and often watch "what the BBC is doing to entertain us" as my father used to say in the days of three channels in the UK! LOL.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom