1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Update for Links 2004

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by -Jay-, Jan 16, 2004.

1. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Here are the fixes in the auto-update:

Fix Dirty Disc Error seen after playing on-line then immediately playing career mode and completing a tournament event.

Fix to allow non-autoupdated Links 2004 to play with autoupdated Links 2004 via System-Link. While a very small customer scenario, it can come up.

Fix career skills exploit when turning off Xbox at rewards screen. Note: people who have used this exploit will have their skill points gained through this exploit removed from their point list. Any legit money earned is returned to the players bank account to respend. We debated hard on how to solve this issue. I think we have a fair solution.

Fix Live! and XSN Sports Pin Positions not being identical for all players. Now in all rounds, whether Solo played, or together, everyone will have the same exact pin locations

Fix Live! and XSN Sports not being placed at the correct tees for your rounds in certain cases. This was a rare case, only on certain courses with specific tee settings.

Fix to allow balls to be hit out of rocks or trees if they come to rest inside of one. We turned off collisions inside of rocks and trees. This should make it much more difficult to end up in one (most common case was a ball rolling under the lip of a rock that was not planted fully into the terrain) and in the cases a person is in one, they can hit out instead of having it bounce around.

Fix Game Freeze if system date has changed between log off then log onto Live!

Fix Premium Content Download of Kapalua. 5 holes, including the 18th were not using Championship tees. Now on the 18th hole you are >600 yards away from the tee (our computation is using straight line, so it reads 601yds I believe).

Fix Live! leaderboard stats being cleared or corrupted during heavy load.

Fix XSN Sports data package posting issues during heavy load.

This one is for EvanXE and TRUCK!!!! Added rumble to controller when users join the lobby when hosting a Live! game. Now if you create a game, and are waiting for people to join, you can switch your TV to the news and when someone joins, your controller will rumble. You can then switch back from the news to start the game. Controller will also rumble in the lobby if the host leaves and host-duties migrate to another Xbox.

2. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    That has to be the one that pleases me most :)

3. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    LoL @ spike
    But can you guess what bit i'm not happy with?

4. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Would it be the career skills exploit?

Only joking! :)

I'd guess the rumble?

5. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Yep i played the game all the way through to the end & had 67 points.
    But on one of them you can win $1.9mil so i did the turning off trick for the last 13points now i'll lose them.
    Thing is you can have 80points so i cant see the problem? i had to play about 40 18hole rounds to get that so it wasn't easy.
    Oh well 67 is enough for now :rolleyes:

6. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Not sure I understand :confused:
    Do you mean you accidentally turned it off early and now you've lost those points in the new update?

7. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Nope i turned it off about 4 times so the money i got those 4 times will be taken away.

8. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    EDIT the bit i missed :rolleyes:
    The auto-update is in Xbox certifications hands and we wait to hear back results (9 to 13 days to finish all testing).

Sorry