New unnamed game debut on Saturday 7th December

About time we had a new FZero

/fingers crossed

About time we had a new FZero

/fingers crossed

It may be a game we've already heard of, it's just that Nintendo aren't saying what it is for this particular event.

We may be surprised but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm hoping beyond hope that its a new metroid/star fox or f zero game!

Please no to F-Zero.

A new IP or Kid Icarus would appeal to me, but KI won't happen so soon again.

Zelda won't be teased until Mario Kart 8 is closer.

I'd be surprised if they revealed a new IP here, I would have thought they'd leave that to a bigger event like E3. I reckon it'll be a Wii u version of an existing franchise. Really really hoping for metroid, just imagine how it would look on Wii u!!!!

Knowing our luck it'll be add on stuff for Wii Fit U or something :facepalm:

I know Miyamoto is working on a new IP but agree with Saf that this will probably be revealed at next year's E3.

Metroid in HD would be freekin awesome - I'd like another Metroid Prime style game (3D 1st person adventure) but wouldn't mind a side on scroller in glorious HD.

I'm not building my hopes up though 'cos we've been let down before.

Zelda U, Zelda U pleeeeaaase......... shhhhhhhhhhhh..............

I have zero expectations. Its sad to say but its the truth. As much as I have enjoyed the Wii U this year in small doses and it has got some good games coming out next year I think 2015 onwards they will be in trouble. The sales speak for themselves. :(

I have zero expectations. Its sad to say but its the truth. As much as I have enjoyed the Wii U this year in small doses and it has got some good games coming out next year I think 2015 onwards they will be in trouble. The sales speak for themselves. :(

I can relate to how you feel Adam given that Wii U's sales are poor and haven't really improved. God knows what the answer is for Nintendo. I know this much, if they bow out of the console race, everyone will lose out imo, including Sony and MS.

People can't say that it's because they're bringing out Mario all the time surely!!! I'd like to see more 'mature' games on Nintendo consoles (not sure if 'mature' is the right word). We all know that it's not because Wii U is less powerful than PS4/X1 (look at PS2, 3DS). We all agree to an extent their games are some of the best around on any console. It's got lots of great games. Surely it's not because of the world of tablet devices (iPads etc)!!!

So, what's left? I don't fancy the rest of my days playing fps and driving games that's for sure. I know that's where Sony are hitting the big numbers in terms of consoles sold and audience captivation etc. They don't seem to cater for 'families' imo. Not sure about MS. It's only Nintendo that cater for families but for some daft reason, it's all about 'power' of a console, even if the other two gaming giants have some average at best games right now.

Baffling to say the least!!!

I agree mate. I'd hate to see them bow out. Anyway apologies for going off topic. I wonder what will get announced.

Shin Megami X Fire Emblem? They haven't as much as shown us a screenshot leave alone a gameplay trailer since it was announced over a year ago. That's what I'll be hoping for.

ZELDA for sure.

Full title and art style revealed.

----

In other news RIP to Danny Wells the actor for Luigi.

I can relate to how you feel Adam given that Wii U's sales are poor and haven't really improved. God knows what the answer is for Nintendo. I know this much, if they bow out of the console race, everyone will lose out imo, including Sony and MS.

People can't say that it's because they're bringing out Mario all the time surely!!! I'd like to see more 'mature' games on Nintendo consoles (not sure if 'mature' is the right word). We all know that it's not because Wii U is less powerful than PS4/X1 (look at PS2, 3DS). We all agree to an extent their games are some of the best around on any console. It's got lots of great games. Surely it's not because of the world of tablet devices (iPads etc)!!!

So, what's left? I don't fancy the rest of my days playing fps and driving games that's for sure. I know that's where Sony are hitting the big numbers in terms of consoles sold and audience captivation etc. They don't seem to cater for 'families' imo. Not sure about MS. It's only Nintendo that cater for families but for some daft reason, it's all about 'power' of a console, even if the other two gaming giants have some average at best games right now.

Baffling to say the least!!!

I think Sony want to keep families on terms too. LBP with its Platforming, coop, and innovative level creation pushed boundaries in the Platforming space. There's also Knack this gen and then there's the future media molecule titles. That wonderbook thing and sorcery, ratchet and clank, modnation racers were also probably the most popular.

Those had a big budget and a lot of marketing. I think they'll keep trying; especially with Cernys background.

The level creation and sharing was fantastic on little big planet. They need to tighten up the controls though. Still had that floaty feel to me. If they can nail that then LBP3 should be super.

The article says it'll be an unnamed title as they've already announced Zelda and shin megami I dont think it'll be them either. I don't want to raise my hopes but it happens every time with Nintendo, never seem to learn my lesson so I'm gearing myself up for the highs of anticipation and the lows of disappointment!

Zelda may have been announced but it's unnamed!
Haha touche SB I wasn't going to delve in the semantics but rather stay superficial and keep unnamed and unannounced interchangeable. You're absolutely right though :)

I've read around the www this morning - a lot of sites are predicting a Zelda U showing. They're going on the fact that in Reggie's interviews about the event on Saturday, he seems to be surrounded by Zelda stuff. Might be looking into it too deeply and I won't hold 'em too it but interesting non the less.

I got the impression from the articles that I read that it is 'unnamed' as in Nintendo haven't identified which one it is, not that it is a title that hasn't yet got a name.

I think it is Zelda. M3DW hasn't had the reaction it should've and MK8 is coming. They need to assure prospective buyers that they won't have to wait and be getting these titles regularly (albeit it then a big drought!).

Reggie just on with someone from retro studios, announced that cranky Kong is a playable character in DK tropical freeze. Some gameplay footage being shown, looks incredible!

DKTF does look incredible but I was disappointed with them showing this - we've seen it before. Wasted opportunity imo. :facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom