New UniFi Dream Machine Pro

Zigourney

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Feeling buyers remorse now..

luckily I bought the usg pro4 and the cloud key from amazon and I am still within my return window (3 weeks left) should I wait for the UDM-Pro to hit the UK?

I was going to post about this.

I contacted a UK distributor and they said it'll be 6-8 weeks before they arrive. I'm going to order one. It's far more powerful than the USG-Pro.

I was going to post about this.

I contacted a UK distributor and they said it'll be 6-8 weeks before they arrive. I'm going to order one. It's far more powerful than the USG-Pro.

FCC tear down

Yep me too, Im sending back the cloud key this weekend, good job I didn't set it up yet! Got till the end of Feb to return the USG so I'll be sending that back too just before my return window closes. The rackmount arrives tomorrow, but I'll just refuse the delivery and get a refund on it and wait for the UDM Pro when it's released in the UK.

Its a no brainer really, once you add up the cloud key (£184)and the usg pro 4 (£245) its £429 without the cloud key rackmount which is an additional £90 bringing the total spend to £519. UDM Pro is all in one for 379 USD, which most likely will equate to about £450 at launch here in the UK. Plus you save on rack space!

I'm quite excited about this, I knew the USG 4 was 4-5 years old but I still bought it, didn't think a new unit would be out anytime soon. but luckily I'm still within my return window for everything I bought, otherwise I would have been left feeling a bit gutted if I hadn't seen it.

I know, would have been great if they gave it at least 6 poe ports, at least enough to power some AP's and a handful of cameras. But to be honest I don't mind it too much as I prefer to have the cctv system to be separate. I dont think unifi could come anywhere near Hikvision for a cctv system.

I'm quite excited about this, I knew the USG 4 was 4-5 years old but I still bought it, didn't think a new unit would be out anytime soon. but luckily I'm still within my return window for everything I bought, otherwise I would have been left feeling a bit gutted if I hadn't seen it.

I know, would have been great if they gave it at least 6 poe ports, at least enough to power some AP's and a handful of cameras. But to be honest I don't mind it too much as I prefer to have the cctv system to be separate. I dont think unifi could come anywhere near Hikvision for a cctv system.

Yeah I agree, it's not a deal breaker, it would have just been nice to have, especially for APs.

Speaking of Hikvision, upgraded my fans last night (thanks for the guide). Installed the new rack in the new house too, just enough room for a UDM-Pro now ;)

49462270242_88bfe8dc84_b.jpg

Also interested in this but I’m not great at all this networking stuff which is why I’ve been running a faultless AMPLIFI HD set up and also considering their new Alien when it gets a UK release. Will watch this one closely though.

Yeah I agree, it's not a deal breaker, it would have just been nice to have, especially for APs.

Speaking of Hikvision, upgraded my fans last night (thanks for the guide). Installed the new rack in the new house too, just enough room for a UDM-Pro now ;)

49462270242_88bfe8dc84_b.jpg

Looking sweet, nice and tidy.
Yep defo keep that 1U free for the UDM-P :cool:
I've got the rack mounts for my NVR too, but shelf mounted it instead due to it protruding out a tad. Dont't know why they couldn't just make it a flush fit. Its no biggie but I do like everything in rack to look nice and tidy, just my OCD.

Which distributor did you get the eta of 6-8weeks release for the UDM-P from?

Looking sweet, nice and tidy.
Yep defo keep that 1U free for the UDM-P :cool:
I've got the rack mounts for my NVR too, but shelf mounted it instead due to it protruding out a tad. Dont't know why they couldn't just make it a flush fit. Its no biggie but I do like everything in rack to look nice and tidy, just my OCD.

Which distributor did you get the eta of 6-8weeks release for the UDM-P from?

Yeah the design of the NVR is odd. The little fit make it slightly bigger than 1U asa well so you have to leave a 1 hole gap between the next device. On my rack you can move the rails back but yes, it looks a little odd sticking out.

Broadbandbuyer is who I use for my UniFi kit, that's who gave me the ETA.

Doh, this usually happens to me.

I am wondering how accurate the info from BB is originally I planned on going down the route of USG Pro and the UniFi Gen 2 Switch (which PoE is near silent apparently) but whilst they listed in September(ish) last year on the UI store they are still not available in the UK :(

It looks like it supposed to be partnered with the 24port PoE switch hence not wanting to offer PoE which will drive noise levels up.

Only 4 processors wouldn't catch me that few these days ;)

The test site is pretty good though just trying to find the one for mine.

Think you will be right on the point regarding availability, I reckon it will be widely available by most distributors in the UK by end of March, mid April.

The European Ubiquiti store should have it hopefully in a matter of weeks. its available in the USA store now.

If it's available on the EU store in a few weeks I'll probably buy it from there. It's rated 110-220v.

If it's available on the EU store in a few weeks I'll probably buy it from there. It's rated 110-220v.

I've pinged ubiquiti customer services on a chat session, said they will email me back regarding the EU store release date.

Short dac cable for 20 and you are on to a winner.

I decided not to wait and went with the MikroTik equivalent. I don’t regret doing that and I am all in with a quiet 24 port Poe and 8 port gateway for 700 ish

Short dac cable for 20 and you are on to a winner.

I decided not to wait and went with the MikroTik equivalent. I don’t regret doing that and I am all in with a quiet 24 port Poe and 8 port gateway for 700 ish

that’s for the router but for the garage I’ll need something a little longer ;)

I am tempted by the Mikrotek. But I like the integration of the UniFi stuff.

Sorry forgetting the rack pictures weren’t yours :)

Bit of fibre for you then.

Just spoke to the above store, they reckon it should be here within a couple of months - but they are waiting for confirmation themselves. My price guess of £450 werent to far off, they currently pricing it at £444

That's good news. I'll likely order it direct from them instead. Helps with my setup. I have the ER-X down by the ONT currently but my rack is upstairs. If there's a power cut I have no UPS on the ER-X.

It's now in the list on EU store for €416,24.
Not available to order, £350 (+- Brexit) or £290 without VAT.

Price of £444 seems a bit unreasonably high, EU store offer free delivery for order >100.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom