1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New twist on an old con

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Miyazaki, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    This one had me laughing out loud

"DEAR,

PERMIT ME TO INFORM YOU OF MY DESIRE OF ENTERING INTO BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU. I PRAYED OVER IT CONTACTING YOU DUE TO ITS ESTEEMING NATURE. AS A REPUTABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY PERSON I CAN DO BUSINESS WITH AND I WANT TO CONFIDE IN YOU FOR THIS SIMPLE AND SINCERE BUSINESS.

I ESTELLE OBIH THE DAUGHTER OF LATE MR. DAVID OBIH, MY FAHTER WAS A VERY WEALTHY COCOA MERCHANT BASED IN ABIDJAN, THE ECONOMIC CAPITAL OF COTE D'IVOIRE BEFORE HE WAS POISONED TO DEATH BY HIS BUSINESS ASSOCIATES, ON ONE OF THEIR OUTING TO DISCUSS ON A BUSINESS DEAL.

WHEN MY MOTHER DIED ON THE 21ST OCTOBER 1995. MY FATHER TOOK ME SO SPECIAL BECAUSE I AM MOTHERLESS.

BEFORE THE DEATH OF MY FATHER ON 29TH NOVEMBER 2003 IN A PRIVATE HOSPITAL HERE IN ABIDJAN. HE SECRETLY CALLED ME ON HIS BEDSIDE AND TOLD ME THAT HE HAS A SUM OF EIGHT MILLION, SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATE DOLLARS.(USD$8.700,000) LEFT IN ONE OF THE LEADING FINANCE/SECURITY COMPANY HERE IN ABIDJAN, IVORY COAST WEST AFRICA.

HE FURTHER TOLD ME THAT HE DEPOSITED THE MONEY IN A CONSIGNMENT (BOX), CODED IT TO THE SECURITY COMPANY AS AFRICAN ARTIFACTS, SO THE SECURITY COMPANY IS NOT AWARE THAT THE CONTENT OF THE CONSIGNMENT. HE DID THIS FOR THE SAFETY OF THE MONEY.

HE ALSO EXPLAINED TO ME THAT IT WAS BECAUSE OF THIS WEALTH THAT HE WAS POISONED BY HIS BUSINESS ASSOCIATES, THAT I SHOULD SEEK FOR A FOREIGN PARTNER IN A COUNTRY OF MY CHOICE WHERE I WILL TRANSFER THIS MONEY AND USE IT FOR INVESTMENT PURPOSE.(SUCH AS REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT).

I AM HONOURABLY SEEKING YOUR ASSISTANCE IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:

TO SERVE AS THE GUARDIAN OF THIS FUND AND MY YOUNGER BROTHER FRANK IS 20 YEARS. TO MAKE ARRANGEMENT FOR US TO COME OVER TO YOUR COUNTRY TO FURTHER OUR EDUCATION AND TO SECURE A RESIDENTIAL PERMIT IN YOUR COUNTRY.

MOREOVER, I AM WILLING TO OFFER YOU 20% OF THE TOTAL SUM AS COMPENSATION FOR YOUR EFFORT INPUT AFTER THE SUCCESSFUL COLLECTING THE BOX FROM THE SECURITY FIRM.

FURTHERMORE, YOU CAN INDICATE YOUR OPTION TOWARDS ASSISTING ME BY SENDING TO US YOUR TELEPHONE/FAX NUMBER, CONTACT ADDRESS, FULL NAME SO THAT WE CAN BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU AT ANY TIME.

I WILL APPRECIATE YOU SEND ME E-MAIL. ANTICIPATING HEARING FROM YOU SOON.
    PLEASE DO HURRY TO ASSIST US OUT HERE NOW THAT THIS COUNTRY IS IN POLITICAL CHOAS, WE URGENTLY NEED YOUR KIND ATTENTION.

THANKS AND GOD BLESS
    ESTELLE AND FRANK OBIH"

:thumbsup: Almost feel like emailing back and congratulating them on their effort. :rotfl:

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,475
    quick quick reply....you're missing out on the riches!!

3. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,590
    I replied to one of these once asking the guy if he thought I was stupid or something. He replied back with an incestuous comment about me and my mother...our email slanging match lasted for about two weeks! It was very amusing and by the end of it we had both slept with our entire family and their pets!

4. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    This isnt a new twist, i'm disappointed.

Just ask for a proportion of the money up front to show good intent - I was surprised when I did I never got any kind of response

5. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    I wonder what program they use to generate such garbage..? - surely a human couldn't have penned that..?

6. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
  7. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: