New TVs needed

baldrick

Novice Member
Until I've know whether to go Plasma or LCD this seems like the best place to post.

My girlfriend and I are in the process of buying our first place and we are going to need new TVs. Currently I have a 50" Sony rear projection set which is potentially too big.

I also have a VPL-HS20 projector sitting in it's box and I'm thinking of re-instating this for movie work and getting a 32" - 40" set for normal TV duties. I'm normally a Sony fan but in this instance I need to consider all the options and I've seen some 40" plasmas for sub £800.

I want to keep the costs down so using £800 as a guide should I go Plasma or LCD?

As this will be our first time living together and I know she won't appreciate me hogging the living room TV with my 360 I'm planning on having a gaming setup in the 2nd bedroom. I think probably max 32" as the room is only 8'6ish wide so I guess that really points to LCD unless anybody has any other suggestions?

I've noticed some of the R86/87/88 and the Sony KDL32S2500 at the sub £500 price point so given this will be almost solely used for gaming what are people's thoughts.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom