1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new tv

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by zenden, May 12, 2003.

1. zenden

zenden
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello every one new on here, does any one knows what this set up is like Toshiba 32ZP38P it is my first step in to good ? gear its £1219 plus free dvd , vcr and speaker stands also what kind of scart leads do i need to get thanks. ( is there anything better could spend a bit more )
    ZENDEN
    http://www.robertsons-online.co.uk

2. Spunky

Spunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the 32's runs along similar lines to the 36" your onto a winner. I've got a 36" one and its far superior to the old 36zp18q, and the sony FQ75, IMO.
    The VCR is decent enough, although it doesn't have video plus.
    The tosh 330 dvd player i've heard has had some rave reviews so i'm sure it'll be a great player for your needs.

One thing you'll need to do is invest in a good quality SCART, The one i use is manufactured by Ixos and cost around £40. Personally i can see the difference quite clearly from using an ordinary SCART.

It may be worth examining the Component cables as the t.v. can accept them. This is usually the BEST method of getting the best possible picture from the set and the player, so i suggest you go down this route. Again you'll need decent quality cables, i'll suggest Ixos again- but i have no experience with their component cables- crappy dvd player sorry :(

You'll also have to get a Tos cable to connect the DVD player to the t.v again go for a decent one usually no more than 15 quid.

Speaker stands are good, but the surround speakers and the centre of the t.v. sound a bit 'tinny', but thats just my opinion.

I was going to get my set from robinsons BTW, and have heard good things about them. I'm sure you'll be well pleased by the set. BTW all my views are from the 36zp38 model.
    Hope it helps

Spunky

3. zenden

zenden
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for takeing the time to reply , all your advice will be taken in and i will still be looking at what is around and or add to it cheers Spunky

Zenden

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Thor make some decent scart cables and Trc direct do 3+ for £16 + vat see special offers or Monster and Qed Sqart are good at £40+. Lektropacks will make them for you to the length you need and do a good range of cables from cheap to expensive!