• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

new tv

middleweight

thinking of buying a new tv, need suggestions for a good store, at a good price must be plasma,hope mods don't mind:smashin:

panman40

Distinguished Member
thinking of buying a new tv, need suggestions for a good store, at a good price must be plasma,hope mods don't mind:smashin:

Surely Not Shagger ... :eek:

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
i1ibh3.gif

Shocking!!

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
keep it serious and on thread please
Sorry mate.
Why the move? I guess my suggestion would be the VT50. Decent blacks, great AR coating and decent cal controls if your going to get it calibrated.
EDIT: Store wise if you can get to TPS there a decent retailer. Price wise they have it listed at 50" £1799, 55" £2199, 65" £3499.

Last edited:

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
:rotfl:

middleweight

Sorry mate.
Why the move? I guess my suggestion would be the VT50. Decent blacks, great AR coating and decent cal controls if your going to get it calibrated.

i expect it to be the vt, do you think tps will be beat on price, and i would deffo get ******** to cal.

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
i expect it to be the vt, do you think tps will be beat on price, and i would deffo get ******** to cal.
Im 95% sure they will either price match or beat what you find. Best to PM them to get a 100% answer.

El1te

GT50 if 50" is in your scope, else VT for 55" and above. TPS would be hard to beat on price so I'd say they're the best place to go to.

middleweight

GT50 if 50" is in your scope, else VT for 55" and above. TPS would be hard to beat on price so I'd say they're the best place to go to.

i agree, i think its has to be tps, they seem the best,55 vt me thinks:)

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member

Why do you want to change from the KRP, unless your looking to get a bigger screen or are hooked on 3D I wouldn't bother.

Your KRP is going to be hard to beat, the VT's are great TV's but are in my opinion not better but just different.

I'm going from a LX5090 to a 65VT50 & looking forward to the bigger screen, have you seen the VT in the flesh.

Inferno

Distinguished Member
I also want to get a 55" and i want 3d, just cant make my mind up whether to flog the Krp or shift it upstairs :confused:, i just want a new tv there is nothing wrong with the pio at all.

Can anyone link to a better price than TPS, or are they the cheapest.

middleweight

I also want to get a 55" and i want 3d, just cant make my mind up whether to flog the Krp or shift it upstairs :confused:, i just want a new tv there is nothing wrong with the pio at all.

Can anyone link to a better price than TPS, or are they the cheapest.

you won't get a better place, than tps on here!! shift it upstairs, you will regret it if you sell,can only be a vt,then

Inferno

Distinguished Member
shift it upstairs, you will regret it if you sell,can only be a vt,then

Only a VT nothing else i have seen will come anywhere close, get it calibrated and that should do until i can afford a 60" oled :).

middleweight

Only a VT nothing else i have seen will come anywhere close, get it calibrated and that should do until i can afford a 60" oled :).

or don't bother at all with the vt,just start saving now for oled, no need to jump on the bandwagon, your tv you got will do, long time no hear mate.

Inferno

Distinguished Member
or don't bother at all with the vt,just start saving now for oled, no need to jump on the bandwagon, your tv you got will do, long time no hear mate.

Yes i know what your saying but i have ibf now.

Not been on much as i am in training to run a 1/2 marathon :eek:, so i am running shed loads each day now and cant be bothered to come on here by the time i have finished and showered.

mancs

Banned
Get a vt shag should tide you over for a few years.just dont Get one before me or i will be pi*d off lol..by the way clocked your white kuro mate in all honesty it is nice but a vt is proper sexy mate.good luck.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom