1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Sting, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Sting

Sting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I am looking to spend about £600-800 on a new TV I currenlty have a 28" big screen Toshiba that is great. My wife does not want a widescreen as she thinks the pictutr is smaller on the 32" than the one we have. I have looked at the SONY 32fx68 and kv32FQ70 are these the best 32" in this price range? is it worth going for a 36" how much bigger are they? I know 4" but how much height difference does this make is it a lot?

Any help appreciated Neil

2. Anrasp

Anrasp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Both the 32fx68 and kv32FQ70 are widescreen TV's

3. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    A 36 WS tv has the same height as a 28inch 4:3 TV
    whilst a 32inch WS TV has a height about the same as a 25inch square set

so to keep the wife happy a 36" would be required in your case .

4. ILIAS ATHENS

ILIAS ATHENS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Best 32" you can find in the market under 600 quid is the Thomson 32WB643, test of which you can see at www.whatvideotv.com and the latest (April) issue of "Home Cinema Choice" magazine.
    I got it 2 weeks ago (after a very extensive market-search), and I think it's amazing, especially with my Yamaha S540 DVD player connected to the component inputs of this TV, which provides excellent ProgScan images. A better TV than this one, costs more than 1000 pounds in High Street.
    See the clearance section of www.tvandvideodirect.com and you'll see a surprisal price for this Thomson's cutting-edge widescreen !!
    All the best,
    Ilias, Athens

5. ILIAS ATHENS

ILIAS ATHENS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    By the way, this Thomson is excellent with TV broadcasts if you use the Cinerama zoom choice on your remote.
    You see, I had the same problems with my girlfriend....

6. Sting

Sting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks I have looked at the article and it sounds good I just need to change from my Sony view as I own lots of there equipment.!!

7. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also bear in mind What Video and TV don't have the sets that long and often miss faults other people find.

I have often read reviews in magazines which contradict what forum members say, sometimes a product gets top marks yet forum members find it less than satisfying (( not saying the magazines are wrong but i do find it very suspicious how top marks are sometimes awarded ))

8. Sting

Sting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    More confused now that is why I normally use Sony as I have never had a problem. My brother had a cheaper make once and it was always in the repair shop. Has anyone had any experiace with Thompson?