New TV with HD PVR ?

Wiquid

Standard Member
The old Loewe I retired to 2nd TV last year has blown the psu again - and other half has been bemoaning size of the thing too. So I need a new TV. And the old Humax 9200T has been on some sort of GO-SLowwww for months (big delay betw remote and response). So a nice cheap 32" TV with freeview hd & built in hdd ? I don't see anything like this on the market yet. Hmmm ok - so how do I do this economically - why have a TV when I'm only going to watch it via PVR ? Just adds complexity & price. What about a receiverless HD screen / monitor ? I'm flexible. What advice can you offer in this space, please ? Thanks.
(Primary is a Pana 37" plasma with Foxsat HD & a BluRay)

nvingo

Distinguished Member
..And the old Humax 9200T has been on some sort of GO-SLowwww for months (big delay betw remote and response).
Has your PVR9200 received the OTA firmware 1.00.23 which attempts to address the go-slow issue? If not, there will be another OTA during July, or you may upgrade using a serial-linked PC. Once done, you could likely eke another couple of years use out of it.

Wiquid

Standard Member
Aagh, without attaching to my other TV I can't tell - certainly it was set to check for updates every night so I'd hope so - but happy to go for the HD upgrade version of this anyway - this isn't so much of an issue as finding the optimum screen match - the Philips 32pfl7404 looks nice, performs well, costs a bomb ! What does this w/out the tuner ?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom