New TV Viewing For December 05 and Jan 06!

Hi,

LFCRules said:
Cool, just watching the Series on UK Gold now :cool: Forgot what a babe Erika was back then, and probably why I was hooked on it as a teen :D

Nah, stuff Erika. Shawn Weatherly did it for me - far more sultry! :blush: and :thumbsup: She could save me - anytime she wanted too! ;)

Pooch

P.S. Another new US drama that may be worth investigating - "Close To Home", starts on LivingTV on Monday 23rd Jan at 10pm. Episode guide available here!

Afternoon People,

Some additional info for you all:

The Sunday 5pm (approx) transmission of "Surface" on ITV2, is actually the next episode, from the one just ended on ITV1. So, if you can't wait a week, then it's basically the same concept that C4 and E4 do.

"Now And Again", the unusual sci-fi series is getting a new repeat run, courtesy of ITV4, starting next Saturday night, at approximately 8pm, starting with the brilliantly shocking first episode. It's replacing "Timecop" which has now finished.

In February 2006, on Sunday 5th to be exact, Sci-Fi Channel UK are showing Steven Spielberg's US mini-series "Taken" again. Although not the best show in the world, it's not the worst either. Each episode is 85-90 minutes (but is being shown in a 2-hour timeslot), and there are 10 episodes in total!

The jaw-dropping, and extremely lengthy documentary "SHOAH" is being screened for the first time on UK Television, complete, uncut, uncensored, and with proper English subtitles (as opposed to being shown in dubbed English)! It airs on More4 on Saturday night (i.e. in 6 days time). :clap: It's all about the Holocaust, and although it was originally given a PG certificate, it does contain some material I wouldn't really let younger viewers see. It's a distressing masterpiece, but one that everyone should see. The only problem, is that the film is being shown on one night. The film starts at 7:10pm Saturday night, but doesn't end until 5:20am Sunday morning! :eek: It's the full 503 minute version, with ads, which means the entire duration is Nine Hours and 40 minutes!!!! :eek: :eek: This is being shown in one, single, complete movie, and is not being split-up into parts! Better get those Sky+ boxes, PVR recorders, and DVD recorders wiped clean for this one. Yikes!

Lastly, would anyone be willing to record onto DVD next Saturday night's edition of "Vengeance Unlimited" (on ITV4), which will clash with "SHOAH", for me? I'd be happy to pay for media and postage costs, but seeing as SHOAH and V.U. both clash, and neither is repeated, I'd like to try and catch both. Any offers of help, would be greatly appreciated. :clap: Thanks people!

Pooch

PoochJD said:
The Sunday 5pm (approx) transmission of "Surface" on ITV2, is actually the next episode, from the one just ended on ITV1. So, if you can't wait a week, then it's basically the same concept that C4 and E4 do.
I think you will find that it was Saturday at 16.45hrs - looks like the new episode is now going to be shown on saturday afternoon and then repeated on Monday at 21.00 hrs - which is great as the monday one clashes with Life on Mars so I can now bin the monday episode and watch it (earlier) on saturday

HI,

Yet more TV update news for you all! :eek:

"The Inside" is another new US crime drama, that starts on ITV4 on Friday 27th January, at 9pm, with a same-night repeat, at 3:05am. However, alhtough it's had good reviews in the UK, the show died in the USA. Thirteen episodes were made, but only 7 got aired! We';; get all 13 over here! :clap: ..And they'll be shown in the corrrect transmission order, unlike the USA airings!

"Supernatural" starts on Monday nights on ITV1, from the 23rd Jan, replacing "Numb3rs" at 11pm, (which finished a couple of nights ago). Bad reviews all-round, and the show is aimed more at teenagers than adults, so I'm not sure quite why ITV have given this show such a late-night slot, when they are airing "Surface" on Saturday teatimes. I would have thought it more sensible to swap the two shows around, as "Surface" is aimed more at adults, even though there's nothing too adult in-terms of content. Oh well!

Pooch

Autopsy:Life And Death – 11:05pm-12:05am
The man the Daily Mail love to hate, returns to our TV screens. Dr Gunther von Hagens is back with a new five-part show, looking at how our body copes with diseases and death. As this will include the dissection of more human corpses, expect plenty of graphic medical footage, and for the right-wingers to get their knickers in a twist all over again. Airs each night, at approximately the same time, for the rest of this week. (Channel 4)

Does anyone know if this is repeated at all? I missed the first one after being asked to record it on sky+ by the gf :eek:

Hi Pooch,

It's so good of you to keep us up to date with the many, many programmes we should be watching. I wrote a post after the "doff my cap ones" but it didn't appear in this thread, possibly I had been disconnected from my provider when I submitted it.

I shall give "Surface" a miss as I dislike all programmes under water. I don't mind looking at fish but hate going on a boat! It might stop me from swimming in the sea in the future to see one of these aliens roaming around the sea bed!

I expect you're enjoying "Due South" too. It's one of those series that make you feel light hearted somehow, maybe it's the music. These horror series are bad for me really as they make me grind my teeth all night, I'm probably reliving the experience.

Husband's gone to bed, cat's gone to bed, I guess I'd better go too. Thanks again Pooch, no reply needed.

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments! :clap:

And the TV news just keeps on coming.... :eek: and :)

THIRD WATCH
FX seems to have listened to its complainers about their recent edits to some of the stronger episodes. As such, there are now changing the schedules as of TODAY! Each episode can now be seen, as follows:
7pm - occasional edits, if necessary (just as they have been doing)
11pm (approx) - same episode as 7pm, but this one should be the totally uncut version! :clap:
1pm next day - this will be a repeat of the previous weekday's episode, but heavily edited!

NEW CHANNEL
Redemption TV has now started on Sky Digital channel 475. It broadcasts from aroun 10pm until 3am only, seven-days-a-week. Redemption is Nigel Wingrove's comapny, who release horror movies and other associated material in the sex, sleave and exploitation genres. The movies air uncut from around Midnight till 2am, and before/after are music videos and other assorted items about the heavy-metal. thrash metal, metal, hardcore metal, and other similar kinds of music and music videos, including concerts. It's okay, but some of the films have appeared already on the Horror Channel (on 330). Hopefully, they will air all films uncut, uncensored, with English subtitles (where applicable) and in their original Widescreen ratios. :clap:

Pooch

Hi Pooch

I think 'Prison Break' starts on 5 @10:00 on Monday, don't know if you've reported earlier on in the thread somewhere :)

Regards

The Dude

PoochJD said:
Hi,
FX seems to have listened to its complainers
Pooch

Is that the sound of flying pigs I hear?

HI,

Fordy said:
Is that the sound of flying pigs I hear?

Nope - "Third Watch" (the late-night 11pm-ish transmissions) are being shown intact, uncut and uncensored, as was evidenced by last night's transmission of "32 Bullets And A Broken Heart", complete with material even Channel 4 cut for their Saturday mornign 3am airings back in September/October 2001! :clap:

Pooch

Now if we can get whats left of NYPD Blue off Channel Whore, we're laughing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom