New TV - to replace LGOLED65B7

Ric_A

Hi
A friend is buying a new TV as a warranty replacement for the LGOLED65B7.

he’s shortlisted the LGOLED65CX and the GX, and also the Samusung 75” Q90T (he’s got to buy from Currys)

any opinions on what to go for?
Many thanks
Ric

tvdavid

My CX is coming very soon will let you know how good it is 55 inch one I have.

faidtoblack

Hi
A friend is buying a new TV as a warranty replacement for the LGOLED65B7.

he’s shortlisted the LGOLED65CX and the GX, and also the Samusung 75” Q90T (he’s got to buy from Currys)

any opinions on what to go for?
Many thanks
Ric
If your friend is happy with the OLED then I don't see any reason to change to the LCD. Has he ever struggled with viewing due to the brightness of his room? That would be the deciding factor I think.

Also, he may want to try and push for the C1 (newest model about to be released) as the replacement although it appears that there is very little improvement over the C1 compared to the CX. It looks as if the G1 would be a more significant upgrade but it is a bit more expensive.

Ric_A

If your friend is happy with the OLED then I don't see any reason to change to the LCD. Has he ever struggled with viewing due to the brightness of his room? That would be the deciding factor I think.

Also, he may want to try and push for the C1 (newest model about to be released) as the replacement although it appears that there is very little improvement over the C1 compared to the CX. It looks as if the G1 would be a more significant upgrade but it is a bit more expensive.
Thanks - he was looking at the B1, but I suggested the CX or GX would be better. I think he’s tempted by the extra size of the 75” q90t for the price. I’ve suggested the GX (as did Currys to be fair), as he’s got young kids so walk-mounting would be better for him.
I don’t think he wants to wait for the C1 as he’s been without a TV for two weeks already. I spent a while explaining why the CX was cheaper than the B1, due to the B1 being a 2021 model.

faidtoblack

Thanks - he was looking at the B1, but I suggested the CX or GX would be better. I think he’s tempted by the extra size of the 75” q90t for the price. I’ve suggested the GX (as did Currys to be fair), as he’s got young kids so walk-mounting would be better for him.
I don’t think he wants to wait for the C1 as he’s been without a TV for two weeks already. I spent a while explaining why the CX was cheaper than the B1, due to the B1 being a 2021 model.

There is definitely something to be said for bigger is better. I didn't read your post properly and had missed the part about the Samsung being 75" to be honest. Sounds like you have given good advice in regard to the B1/CX/GX options. As you said, the GX would be the best option then for wall mounting and superior to the B1 for picture. From what I have seen so far the CX and C1 seem very comparable and only the GX with the new panel would be much of a difference but obviously that is 1k more cost wise.

I expect you have said this to him but in terms of an all round TV the Samsung is a decent bet. Obviously the blacks won't be as good as the OLED and the dark room performance won't be quite as nice but there is a lot to be said for going for it due to increased size alone. I think as long as he is aware of what he might miss from the OLED and would be willing to live with that then the 75" might be a good option but ultimately only he can really decide if it is or not.

Dodgexander

Q90T 75" is a good compromise. Don't consider new 2021 models - they are overpriced.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom