Question New TV Time: I'm looking at either the X750F or X800E (in 55"). Which would you recommend?

alienux

Novice Member
We have an 8 year old Sony Bravia KDL46EX400 that is still going strong, but in our new house, it's a little small for the living room. So we're planning on moving that TV to the bedroom, and getting a new 4k TV for the living room. We'll be using it for general purposes for movies, tv shows, sports, and PS4 Pro gaming.

I've narrowed down the choice to either the X750F or the X800E.

The advantage of the X800E seem to be that it has a Triluminos display, which is supposed to give better color. But it's also a year older model.

The X750F is a year newer, and has a direct LED backlight (as opposed to edge LED on the X800E). It's also $50 cheaper, but that's not really a concern.

I'm leaning toward the X800E because of the Triluminos display, as I believe it will have a better picture because of the color enhancement, but because the X750F is a year newer, I wonder if it's actually a better choice and if the Triluminos display would really make that much difference (stores I've looked at don't have both, so I haven't been able to compare them in person).

Can anyone recommend one over the other? Is it better to go with the older TV with the Triluminos display, or the newer TV without Triluminos, but with direct LED?

bullie76

Standard Member
I have not seen either model so can't say for sure. But I would have a hard time picking against the Triluminos model. Love my x930e which has it.

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom