1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New TV shows to watch out for!!!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Apr 2, 2003.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi Again,

Well, I've just gone through the entire Sci-Fi UK listings for May 2003, and there's some corking stuff coming up!!! My recommendations are those with a :smashin: symbol next to them!

Thursday 1st May (00:20-01:20)
    New Gall-Force: 1 of 5 (New anime series)

Monday 5th (10:00-13:00)
    The Outer Limits (Rerun of Season 1, daily every weekday! Times and days vary! And it includes the Alyssa Milano episode as well!)

Tuesday 6th (20:00-22:00)
    Sliders (Complete rerun of Season 1.)

Thursday 8th (20:00-21:45)
    Witchblade (Complete rerun of Seasons 1 and 2. This is the 2-part Pilot Movie, that kicked off the show.) :smashin:

Saturday 10th (12:00-13:45)
    The Wonderful World Of HG Wells (Part 1 of a 3-part mini-series. Parts 2 and 3 follow on, for the next two Saturdays in April!)

Monday 12th
    FIREFLY (20:00-21:00) (First episode. This series is to be shown in the US Broadcast order, and NOT the correct series order. For full details about the problems this will cause, visit... www.tvtome.com ... for all the info.) :smashin:

THE STAND (21:00-22:00) (Yep, Stephen King's amazing 8-hour mini-series starts tonight. Normally aired in four 2-hour movies by the BBC and Sky Movies, Sci-Fi are airing this in easier-to-digest hour-long episodes! Very, very good, and unusually disturbing show!) :smashin:

** Both of the above are also repeated several times each week! **

Sunday 18th (20:00-21:00)
    Farscape (Season 4 starts tonight!)

Saturday 24th (22:00-23:35)
    Riverworld (Premiere of a new movie series, based on the famous fantasy novels of the same name.) :smashin:

Saturday 31st 22:00-23:40
    Supernova (Movie premiere of this cult sci-fi movie from 2000. Showing in the shorter USA cinema edit of the film.)

Certainly some interesting titles to watch out for, and plenty to tape as well! For full details, simply visit:

www.uk.scifi.com/htmlsite/listings.asp

Enjoy! :cool:

Pooch

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,488
    Which story was that one?

Will you give us a reminder on the day in case some of us forget?

Cheers Pooch:smashin:

3. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    A big 'thanks' from me as well :smashin:

Really interested to see Firefly. Can you tell me what the problem is though? I had a quick look on the site you mentioned but couldn't see anything :confused:

4. Marcus Skidd

Marcus Skidd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's the "Alyssa gets her kit off" episode that everyone has been waiting for :D

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,488
    :clap: :clap: :clap: I saw that one when it was on the BBC is it the one where if you have not seen it SPOILER she is taken over by an alien that likes sex. :cool:

6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi Folks,

For RL123, and anyone else who wants to know the problem regarding the airing of "Firefly", I shall explain.

In the USA, Fox decided to transmit the episodes in a set order. How they decided this "broadcast order", I don't know. However, the problems of watching the show in this order (which is how Sci-Fi will be airing it as well) soon becomes apparent.

Season 1 - Broadcast Order

1- 1 The Train Job
    1- 2 Bushwhacked
    1- 3 Our Mrs. Reynolds
    1- 4 Jaynestown
    1- 5 Out of Gas
    1- 6 Shindig
    1- 7 Safe
    1- 8 Ariel
    1- 9 War Stories
    1-10 Objects in Space
    1-11 Serenity (1)
    1-12 Serenity (2)
    1-13 UNAIRED Heart of Gold
    1-14 UNAIRED Trash
    1-15 UNAIRED The Message

For starters, Episodes 11 and 12, should really be parts 1 and 2 of the damn Pilot Episode that introduces us to the show, the characters and plot! However, Fox in the US didn't like it as much, and wanted it delayed, and had a "better" episode aired prior to the two-parter! (By "better", I mean more action, and less of a plot to have to worry about!)

Episode 7 has scenes at the introduction, saying "Previously on Firefly". All the scenes shown, will not be seen until Broadcast Order episodes 8 through 10!

Broadcast Order episode 1 is actually Episode 3, and should be watched AFTER the two-part Pilot Episode "Serenity"!

These are just three errors! All of them are, in my opinion, pretty major errors! This show needs to be watched in the following order, only, IF you want it to make ANY kind of sense.

Serenity Part 1
    Serenity Part 2
    The Train Job
    Bushwacked
    Shindig
    Safe
    Our Mrs. Reynolds
    Jaynestown
    Out Of Gas
    Ariel
    War Stories
    Heart Of Gold
    Objects In Space
    Trash
    The Message (Season 1 Finale)

Why Sci-Fi is following the Broadcast Order, I don't know, but if enough people complain prior to the show airing in the UK, then maybe we can get them to rectify it, otherwise this is going to fail miserably, and all because of a stupid mistake that could easily have been rectified.

Pooch

7. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Ok thanks for that. I think I'll tape them every week and watch them in order after they've finished then

8. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Firefly isn't really that hard to follow and most children could make out enough to follow it. In short, world type civil war; captain of Firefly (was a sargeant in war on losing good side to corporate style dictators) and his female comrade in arms seek out a crew (with their own storyline 'baggage') and hire ship's cargo capacity out - often to on the dodge types. It is a rag tag bunch in a galaxy of haves and have nots/third world types with a western type slant to it. No aliens in it.