• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New tv setup help?

alag20

Standard Member
Hi Guys,
I am looking to set up 2 tele's. Basically i want to connect 1 skyHD, 1 VirginHD to each tv. In addition to this, i want to connect a home cinema system to one tv [main tv].

so here is how i look at it
tv1 [main tv] - skyHD, virgin HD, home cinema, PS3
tv2 - skyHD, virginHD

Now here is the questioning bit - i want to move all these under the stairs. As far as i know i will need alot of cabling and a few equipment.
As stairs are over 15m away from tv2, and 10m away from tv1, i believe i would need these []Max Value HDMI 480P / 1080P Extender over CAT5E/6: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo. I think i would need 2 of these for tv2, and 2 of these for tv1?

I would also need something like this []Marmitek PowerMid XL infrared extender set: Amazon.co.uk: Amazon.co.uk: for infrared communication [i checked my virginHD is both infrared as i use a Kameleon All in One remote and it works fine - so does sling - got too many gizmos]

Now i also know i would need CAT6 [http://www.gogocables.co.uk/acatalog/Cat_6_UTP_Solid_Cable.html] for the hdmi convertor, i also need WF100 twin for each of skyHD, virginHD []Coaxial satellite digital cable Satellite extension leads - sky+ extension leads - Freeview extension leads in addition to the connectors.

The tvs are fullHD[Pioneer] - does anyone see any possible issues or consern? Can anyone see any possible degradation? I will be looking to move all these cables under the floor boards and in wall. Please advise as this is my first project and seems very big one.

:lease:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom