New Tv Setup and dixons advice.

N

neil3k

Just ordered myself a SAMSUNG LE37R88BD. Is it better to use a vga input for my 360 or a hdmi input. If so is it worth buying a decent hdmi cable or just a cheap 10 quid one from ebuyer?

Also, has anyone had any experience with dixons online tv sales ? How long does it take them to deliver?

cheers,

Im thinking about getting this tv for xbox 360 and sd dvds

I would like to know too

cheers

connect via HDMI if possible. Any priced cable at around 1.5m will do the same job, weather its cheap or expensive.

Any HDMI cable will be fine, even the cheapest :)

Dixons online delivery is very good.

Sorry lads but all HDMI cables are not equal, yes go get one and do not spend a fortune, but I just connected my new monitor to PC with a really cheap HDMI cable (could not handle the bandwidth) that I got from E-Buyer, just to say the picture was speckly and crap, changed the cable and all was fine, perfect picture.
As I said don't go mad but you do get what you pay for.

So how long should i expect to wait for my new tv from dixons ?

Sorry lads but all HDMI cables are not equal, yes go get one and do not spend a fortune, but I just connected my new monitor to PC with a really cheap HDMI cable (could not handle the bandwidth) that I got from E-Buyer, just to say the picture was speckly and crap, changed the cable and all was fine, perfect picture.
As I said don't go mad but you do get what you pay for.

Then the cable was faulty I suspect and probably nothing to do with the price. If a cable is made to the HDMI standard then it should work regardless of price. If the picture was 'speckly and crap' how do you know it was due to bandwidth? Much more likely to be faulty, or not made to the HDMI standard.

ATB

Max

So how long should i expect to wait for my new tv from dixons ?

I ordered mine on 29/12 and was told today wont receive it till 14/01, seen on another thread that they are out of stock but will be getting delivery on 11/01.

I ordered mine on 29/12 and was told today wont receive it till 14/01, seen on another thread that they are out of stock but will be getting delivery on 11/01.

11/01 is correct, the local warehouses recieve the stock on 11/01. So expect delivery at your home on or around the 14th.

I have ordered a 26' R88 and they told me within 14 days (17th). I sent an email to ask if they could give me a better indication rather than within 14 days, but no reply ... so ive sent them 2 more.

Dixons have replied and they've told me there stock is not in till the 17th :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom