Question New TV selection

dioz

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I would like to replace my 8 years old Sony HX750 46in.

The new 55in TV will be an all-around TV, that means a lot of TV shows, Movies and Sports, cable TV/Netflix.
The living room is a normal bright room.

My list is the following:
SAMSUNG QE55Q80T
SAMSUNG QE55Q90T
LG OLED55B9S

For the Samsung TVs I read some negative comments about "Dirty Screen Effect".
Is really so obvious problem?

As about LG I am afraid burn-in pixels...

Have you any other proposal except the above TV's, e.g. Sony model?

I would like your opinion!

Thank you

Hi

I would like to replace my 8 years old Sony HX750 46in.

The new 55in TV will be an all-around TV, that means a lot of TV shows, Movies and Sports, cable TV/Netflix.
The living room is a normal bright room.

My list is the following:
SAMSUNG QE55Q80T
SAMSUNG QE55Q90T
LG OLED55B9S

For the Samsung TVs I read some negative comments about "Dirty Screen Effect".
Is really so obvious problem?

As about LG I am afraid burn-in pixels...

Have you any other proposal except the above TV's, e.g. Sony model?

I would like your opinion!

Thank you

The Q90T looks a good set as is the B9 but obviously burn in risks always apply there. Why have you discounted the XH9505? Wide viewing angles, excellent HDR/UHD, perfect for bright room viewing.

I had in my mind the XH9505 but is more expensive regarding the above TV models.
RTINGS site gives great score for Q90T, but "DSE" is really a big disadvantage...?

I had in my mind the XH9505 but is more expensive regarding the above TV models.
RTINGS site gives great score for Q90T, but "DSE" is really a big disadvantage...?

Yes, I hate DSE, my XH95 is virtually DSE free. It can be a lottery with any set though. I'd drop your local Richer Sounds an email and see if they can come down on the XH95 at all, you might be surprised.

The B9 would have a much much better PQ than the LCDs you mentioned.

I'd consider Sony if you don't want an OLED (due to fear of burn in) because their motion and image processing is great; especially for football.

I wouldn't take Samsung seriously at this point in time. They're a company built in show-room marketting and pushing 8K. They've gimped their 4K TVs in regards to dimming zones and PQ whilst left themselves short on the 8K side of things due to the compromises needed to pack the pixels. They also elavate the HDR brightness beyond what is reference for some weird reason.

You don't seem like someone who cares for the best quality PQ but rather whats a versatile, good value, all-round TV which can do sports well. For this, I think Sony ticks most of your boxes and you'll also not have the risk of burn in.

Yes, I hate DSE, my XH95 is virtually DSE free. It can be a lottery with any set though. I'd drop your local Richer Sounds an email and see if they can come down on the XH95 at all, you might be surprised.
Thank you for your help about the XH95 price...but I live in Greece...:)

The B9 would have a much much better PQ than the LCDs you mentioned.

I'd consider Sony if you don't want an OLED (due to fear of burn in) because their motion and image processing is great; especially for football.

I wouldn't take Samsung seriously at this point in time. They're a company built in show-room marketting and pushing 8K. They've gimped their 4K TVs in regards to dimming zones and PQ whilst left themselves short on the 8K side of things due to the compromises needed to pack the pixels. They also elavate the HDR brightness beyond what is reference for some weird reason.

You don't seem like someone who cares for the best quality PQ but rather whats a versatile, good value, all-round TV which can do sports well. For this, I think Sony ticks most of your boxes and you'll also not have the risk of burn in.

You are very helpful...!!
I had my concerns about Samsung and the new models...but RTINGS gives great scores....
You are right about my needs...I want an all-round TV with no need for the best PQ....

So, I could go to 49'' XH9505 which is less expensive and suitable for my place
I read some reviews about backlight bloom?

Alternately, with no fear for burn-in, to choose B9S despite 2019 model....

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom