New TV range: MU6120

tempura

Novice Member
Reaction score
Anybody got any idea how this new range (now for Sale at John Lewis and Argos) is different from the MU6100 ? I compared the John Lewis specs and they appear identical.

The 6120: Buy Samsung UE40MU6120 HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 40" with TVPlus, Black | John Lewis

The 6100: Buy Samsung UE40MU6100 HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 40" with TVPlus, Black | John Lewis

Argos 6120: Buy Samsung MU6120 65 Inch Smart 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Televisions, Televisions and accessories, Technology.

The 6120 is not on displayspecifications.

Just received this reply from Samsung support: "The MU6120 does not have: 1. Included Smart Remote, 2. Bluetooth audio support, 3. Voice integration, 4. Bluetooth HID support or 5. MBR Support. Hope this helps."

Yikes! :eek: So worse than the MU6100, but more expensive?

I took the plunge and bought one this week for the bedroom. Considered an LG, but wanted a VA rather than IPS.
Colour and black level good (for an LCD) but as per VA colour fade when moving off angle.
Can confirm no bluetooth or smart remote.
I was offered an ex-display 6100, but didn't want to take a chance on ex-display. Pretty happy with it and as its a bedroom TV, I dont miss the Bluetooth or voice remote.
Bought it for 399 from Currys on Tuesday, but went back this morning and got £50 back using their price match policy. Looks like its down to £349 everywhere now.

I took the plunge and bought one this week for the bedroom. Considered an LG, but wanted a VA rather than IPS.
Colour and black level good (for an LCD) but as per VA colour fade when moving off angle.
Can confirm no bluetooth or smart remote.
I was offered an ex-display 6100, but didn't want to take a chance on ex-display. Pretty happy with it and as its a bedroom TV, I dont miss the Bluetooth or voice remote.
Bought it for 399 from Currys on Tuesday, but went back this morning and got £50 back using their price match policy. Looks like its down to £349 everywhere now.
Any suggestions on settings? Looks terrible so far

Just received this reply from Samsung support: "The MU6120 does not have: 1. Included Smart Remote, 2. Bluetooth audio support, 3. Voice integration, 4. Bluetooth HID support or 5. MBR Support. Hope this helps."

Yikes! :eek: So worse than the MU6100, but more expensive?

I have UE50MU6120
and:
1. There is no Smart Remote
2. BT audio Support - it's OFF - enter service menu and just switch ON
3. Same as point 2.
4. Same as point 2.
5. What do you menad no MBR support?

I connect my old 1TB HDD via IDE - USB adapter. And is working very well. As time-shift and record.

I have UE50MU6120
and:
1. There is no Smart Remote
2. BT audio Support - it's OFF - enter service menu and just switch ON
3. Same as point 2.
4. Same as point 2.
5. What do you menad no MBR support?

I connect my old 1TB HDD via IDE - USB adapter. And is working very well. As time-shift and record.
How do you get to the service menu?

Turn ON TV any terrestrial chanel
And then put this combination from your remote control, do it quite fast, not left more then 0.5 sec between pressing buttons.

Press:
1. Switch OFF
2. Info
3. Settings
4. Mute
5 Switch ON (keep pressing little longer about one sec)

When TV will be started it show Samsung logo. After few sec. will display service menu.
If unsuccessful - try again!
I enter services menu after 7 or 8 times of unsuccessful entry.

Thanks goral. Got to the service menu and switched BT Audio on.
Cant see any way to pair a device, though :(

You switch BT audio, you forgot switched BT!
Go back to the service menu and switch on BT.
I'm in work but when I back to home, I will check exactly where is BT.

Go to service menu,
Option - MRT Options - BT Support [ON, OFF]
Then switch ON.
below you should got BT Address.

Did you get the bluetooth to work? Also, has anyone noticed what the panel code is? I can't remember which letter designates a Samsung panel, is it 'A'? Thinking about pulling the trigger on this and just wondering if its worth it. Is it free from backlight bleed/torching? I have a thing about letterbox bars being 100% black!

They look black to me. I forget to switch the set off because it looks the same when untuned, on or off.

MBR support anyone?

They look black to me. I forget to switch the set off because it looks the same when untuned, on or off.

MBR support anyone?
What exactly you mean? If you want record on HDD then yes, my MU6120 see HDD with NTFS partitions.

I was replying to Ossie77 regarding blackness of bars.
I was asking what does Samsung mean by 'MBR support' mean from an early post in this thread. If it means it can read a Windows disc that's an odd way of saying it.

Is this tv any good as its £569 for the 55" at the moment at Currys ?

I'm over the moon with my 58" one from Curry's which I got on Black Friday deals for £649. I think that price is an absolute bargain. Everything works really well. I upgraded from a 50" 720p Panasonic plasma over 10 years old and it's just chalk and cheese.

Just waiting for a john lewis refund before taking the plunge,is it a 10 or 8 bit panel,IPS or VA?

Jeez, they’ve just made them even cheaper!

I'm gutted about the price as well. I got a 40" one from John Lewis in October. It was priced at £469 but I told them Argos were doing it for £449 so I was pleased when they agreed to price-match that. Some weeks later I noticed that it had gone down to £379 but in the last few days before Christmas it was going for £349!

You think that's bad,a chap I know bought a LG OLED,paid over 2k in the late summer,it's now for sale a grand cheaper and he's not that impressed with it either.:facepalm:

I paid £1500 for my dumb Panasonic 50" 720p plasma 11(?) years ago.
Now you can get 8 times better resolution for a third of the price with smart apps, dual tuner, timeshift, ARC, internet and network browsing etc etc and it's a LOT lighter and prettier. What's to complain about!?

Turn ON TV any terrestrial chanel
And then put this combination from your remote control, do it quite fast, not left more then 0.5 sec between pressing buttons.

Press:
1. Switch OFF
2. Info
3. Settings
4. Mute
5 Switch ON (keep pressing little longer about one sec)

When TV will be started it show Samsung logo. After few sec. will display service menu.
If unsuccessful - try again!
I enter services menu after 7 or 8 times of unsuccessful entry.

Has this now changed? If I do it on my parents' set it comes up with the Signal Information page instead.
Model is UE40MU6120, software version T-KTMDEUC-1151.1

Hi, complete tech novice here. Spent the last couple of weeks trying to find a replacement TV for a (very) old Panasonic which has recently died... After doing as much research as possible I settled on the 40 inch MU6120. It arrives tomorrow, but have since read a couple of reviews that suggest there's a bit of juddering when watching sport, they also say that once they played with the settings it improved dramatically. But, I have no idea what settings to change or the best configuration for sport. Can anyone help?

I basically only watch sport, so a bit worried!!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom