new TV (qn90a) and x4500h problems

GamblorZ

Novice Member
Hi, I've had a x4500H for about 2 years but my TV was 10ish years old so I did a big upgrade to a qn90a.

However, I can't seem to get seem to get them to play nice. BTW, I also have an xbox series X.
First I tried the 'work around' knowing the x4500h doesn't support 2.1. I plugged the xbox directly into TV (port 4 HDMI 2.1) and
the AVR to port 3 (earc) and connected to the earc on the AVR. TV said 'no source' detected and got no sound, though I could switch to the AVR hdmi
and play with settings. Though most sound settings were blacked out. I played around with TV/AVR settings for over an hour before giving up.

So I then I tried the old way to see if it would work. Plugged the xbox into Game HDMI IN on the AVR and connected the monitor 1 earc out from AVR to the earc on the TV. Same thing, TV said 'no source' though it clearly labels 'AVR x4500H' on the HDMI label on inputs. I spent a few hours, making sure earc was enabled, the sound on the TV was AVR (not TV), I did 'enhanced HDMI' thinking it would help. No source, unable to play sound OR display xbox (When connected to the AVR). I'm lost, I got the TV professionally mounted and love it but this is driving me nuts!!!

Please help if you can.

Thanks
nathan

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom