New tv purchase

bobbee25

Novice Member
Reaction score
How reliable are new tvs. I was ready to purchase the samsung q90t, however their new one looks better.
But are TVs like cars where your better off to wait until the year after a new model is introduce ?

Are problems software related and fixed with future updates?

Most models only have a lifespan of a year. This time next year whatever you're considering will have stopped production be disappearing from shops just like the Q90T is now.

Of course a yearly release means most models are fairly small revisions on previous models.

I haven't looked at Samsung's 2021 range but if you're looking at something that introduced a significant new technology then you may want to wait and see what the downsides are and if there are lots of reports of issues.

TVs are also introduced at high prices and drop in price over their lifespan, so waiting until the Christmas deals will save you a bit of money too.

TVs now are near their lowest prices as the new models are about to be launched, the new ones won't be near these prices for another year.

If you buy from the likes of John Lewis or Richer Sounds you get a 5/6 year warranty as standard, they only do these as they know they won't have to pay out on the majority of them and they'll last 5+ years.

Some manufacturers do updates better than others. One of the reasons I like Android is it possinly has a longer lifespan with regards to app comptibility, but while it's not a bad UI, it's not as good as Samsungs Tizen or LG WebOS. However, these things, if they stop working, as easily sorted out with a Firestick or some other device.

How reliable are new tvs. I was ready to purchase the samsung q90t, however their new one looks better.
But are TVs like cars where your better off to wait until the year after a new model is introduce ?

Are problems software related and fixed with future updates?
While you are hesitating the manufacturers will be working on new refinements for the ranges they will deliver in 2022. It never ends.

TVs now are near their lowest prices as the new models are about to be launched, the new ones won't be near these prices for another year.

If you buy from the likes of John Lewis or Richer Sounds you get a 5/6 year warranty as standard, they only do these as they know they won't have to pay out on the majority of them and they'll last 5+ years.

Some manufacturers do updates better than others. One of the reasons I like Android is it possinly has a longer lifespan with regards to app comptibility, but while it's not a bad UI, it's not as good as Samsungs Tizen or LG WebOS. However, these things, if they stop working, as easily sorted out with a Firestick or some other device.
Think the OP is in the US going by location and posting time (presumably some retailers there offer longer warranty...Costco like here?)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom