new TV primarily for xbox x series

xand_xand

Going round in circles looking at electrical store website grrrr! -can you guys recommend me a new tv please:

Its for Xbox X series primarily.
55'' size
4k 120 hz
2.1 hdmi
hdr / dolby vision

Sit directly in front of TV @ 8-10ft distance

budget £850.00
(for note I was going for the Sony BRAVIA KE55XH9005BU ( Sony BRAVIA KE55XH9005BU )
I understand it ticked the boxes as had a 2.1 upgrade via a firmware update
This product has been discontinued although I can still get hold of it in some places - is this my best option at the moment?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated:

vickster

Distinguished Member
Did you read this thread?

xand_xand

Did you read this thread?
absolutely I did and its very informative. I was just hoping to get some user recommendations now from anyone who has just purchased a TV specifically for next gen gaming -and has a budget of course!

Dodgexander

Its not the best time to shop currently unless you can find a 2020 model. You'll get even less for your money in 2021 ranges due to current pricing, and you're budget is already quite low to get a TV with ample HDR picture quality which makes any recommendations with any kind of future proofing hard.

A TV like the Sony XH90 for example falls short with peak brightness, you'd need to look at one of Samsung's models in my guide, or an OLED like the LG BX or CX.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom