• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

new tv - poor reception

neilyboy1961

Standard Member
father law bought a new integrated freeview tv ,tried to tune it in ,no luck,poor picture quality and lost channels.he did have a free standing freeview box before which worked alright.
his aerial is split a couple of times but he does have an amplifier at the aerial
can anyone help ? :thumbsup:

I think this is common when switching from CRT to LCD, you expect a great picture and are disappointed but the blocky picture you receive on some channels.

I asked the same question when i joined a few weeks ago and was told you will never get a picture that looks as good on LCD as it does on a CRT if viewing SD channels, however if you try a blu-ray disc (PS3 For me) or watch a HD TV channel you will be amazed at the picture quality of the LCD.

Gavtech

Administrator
father law bought a new integrated freeview tv ,tried to tune it in ,no luck,poor picture quality and lost channels.he did have a free standing freeview box before which worked alright.
his aerial is split a couple of times but he does have an amplifier at the aerial
can anyone help ? :thumbsup:

Depending what you mean by 'poor picture quality' this is nothing to do with the aerial .... if you are referring to digital channels.

If you can receive digital channels at all - they will be perfect... unless you mean that they break up occasionally.
Otherwise picture quality is an issue of the TV as alluded to in Max's post above.

Lost channels may be coincident with the national retune ... or may be down to the aerial connection.
Make sure the aerial connection is as direct as possible to the TV with good clean terminations and good flyleads, if used.

neilyboy1961

Standard Member
in reply to the previous post ,I have been out to have a look, all the digital channels he recieves are crystal clear ,he gets all the bbc cnannels but no ITV channels at all we can still get them if we switch back to the analouge signal,would a new aerial help ?

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom