New TV or projector?

JamesP1701

Hi all,

We've just bought a new property and have a much bigger living room to play with.

I currently have a 65 inch oled, sitting in my old property about 3 metres from it.

In the new house, we'd be jusg under 4 metres away. However, the room is large enough to have a projector and a 92 inch pull down screen that would go over the TV.

The projector would be for movie viewing rather than replacing actual day to day content - an added treat as it were.

I'm trying to decide, given the increased viewing distance, whether tk keep the current 65 inch and go with the projector and screen or whether upgrading to a 77 inch OLED would be a better solution (and not have the projector.)

Interested in your thoughts!

With thanks.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
The newest models, soon to be released OLEDs will be available in 83" as well if that makes a difference.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

We've just bought a new property and have a much bigger living room to play with.

I currently have a 65 inch oled, sitting in my old property about 3 metres from it.

In the new house, we'd be jusg under 4 metres away. However, the room is large enough to have a projector and a 92 inch pull down screen that would go over the TV.

The projector would be for movie viewing rather than replacing actual day to day content - an added treat as it were.

I'm trying to decide, given the increased viewing distance, whether tk keep the current 65 inch and go with the projector and screen or whether upgrading to a 77 inch OLED would be a better solution (and not have the projector.)

Interested in your thoughts!

With thanks.

ill post a video tommorow or the day after for you comparing a 77'', 85'', etc. in real life and you can decide which one suits you best from 4M.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Vs 85
Vs projector 16.9
Vs projector scope screen

room is a mess btw. massive work in progress lol...

I've had 100% feedback so far that the image size is amazing and 'hard to go back from'.
I actually keep the PJ in 85'' to 95'' mode and expand it for watching content.

JamesP1701

room is a mess btw. massive work in progress lol...

I've had 100% feedback so far that the image size is amazing and 'hard to go back from'.
I actually keep the PJ in 85'' to 95'' mode and expand it for watching content.
That’s really helpful, thank you.
Out of curiosity, what projector do you have?

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
That’s really helpful, thank you.
Out of curiosity, what projector do you have?
Just a 9300. Due to the size of the image I throw, I think the Epson lumen output really comes in use.

I am sure a jvc would look amazing too but I’m not sure it’d have the same pop in bright scenes due to lumen output during the daytime like in that video.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom