1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New TV means speaker/amp upgrade required

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Stumpy1967, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Stumpy1967

Stumpy1967
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is my first posting here so forgive me if you feel i have put this in the wrong place.

I will soon be purchasing a new SONY KV28FX68 TV and was thinking about upgrading my speakers etc as well.

My system at the moment is as follows:-

SONY 29" Trinitron TV
    SONY STR-D615 AV Control Centre
    SONY DVP-5725D dvd
    Tannoy 611 front speakers
    Jamo centre speaker

I am using this system for both DVD and Music CD's.

To some this might be a completely crappy setup but to me it is fine and has done the job for a few years. This should give you an idea that I dont really have an ear for music :thumbsdow .

What I am looking for is advice on what I should be looking at getting to replace this system.
    There are a few areas that I have to conform to, so the wife says, and that is the size of the speakers and the cost.
    All in all I would like to spend no more than £4-500 but less would be cool and give me some brownie points with the with the wife :laugh:

Should I stick with seperates or go down the All in One route bearing in mind that I will probably have to change my DVD player as well.

Hope you can help me out.

Thanks

Stumps..

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    If you are happy with the system why bother upgrading it. I would suggest that you try and find a tannoy centre to match the pair of Tannoys that you already have which will give you vocal consistancy in the front soundstage but apart from that why change what you are happy with.

3. Stumpy1967

Stumpy1967
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ian, thanks for the response..unfortunately it is more an appearance upgrade than a sound issue.

The wife has said she doesnt want the big black Tannoys in the front room any more.

I must admit that after 8 years of looking at them I am starting to get a bit fed up with their appearance.

Basically what I need is a nice system that doesnt take up too much space and is fairly unobtrusive to the eye.

In Short, its my wifes fault.. :laugh:

Thanks

Stumps