New tv led lcd

Icemen

Novice Member
Hi
Looking to invest in a new tv this january sales. Im after 50" with £1000 budget. Dont want oled as they to expensive at present. Brands samsung, lg, sony or panasonic. Best picture quality and features. Sound not issues will buy sound bar and sub. I notice the sony are Android based, is that a good thing? Samsung use there own platform i think.
You have to see the picture in reality to see how good it is, might have to go into pc world but want an idea what to look for first.
Any model suggestions appreciated.
Thanks

Dodgexander

All the best buys are here: **New** My best value TVs, 2020-2021 Edition

The Sony 49XH9505 is best value if you want to avoid OLED.

Beware that smaller TVs are worse value for money and don't carry the same featureset the larger models do. For example, the 48" OLEDs are very expensive, but at 55" you can buy OLEDs for less like the 55" LG BX or Panasonic HZ980.

I wouldn't bother viewing them in a shop. You won't be able to draw any good conclusions in those conditions, and with the way TVs are set up.

Icemen

Novice Member
Thanks, just reading the reviews on john Lewis website for the sony. Picture great but a lot of issues with interface and soundbar connection. Out of sync issues. I always read the low reviews first to see common problems. Putting me off a little. Is there a samsung high end to compare with?

Dodgexander

Is there a samsung high end to compare with?
Sadly the smaller Samsung models have worse motion than the same TVs at larger sizes because they have 60hz panels. May be okay if you aren't too picky with motion.

Every TV has complaints, so you'll get similar comments with every TV. It doesn't necessarily mean you'll have a problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Bowers PI7 wireless in-ear headphones review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom